Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service plans no longer available for purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get your hopes up. Elon says he wants a world class organization. I don't believe that he will provide it for free or even reduce the already announced price. I would bet that his announcement will be a bold expansion of the service center network possibly including local certified facilities that are not owned by Tesla. My guess it would be some type of partnership with BMW that will allow BMW dealerships to become authorized Tesla service centers. This would vastly expand the footprint in one dramatic move!

Enadler, foremost I agree with you about not getting hopes up. On top of that you have offered an alternative service center improvement I'd not thought of (some kind of partnering to expand availability of service)... more reason not to get hopes up on lower service cost. Very likely we will know by end of week.

fwiw, I do not think the scenario I described would be giving away service for free. I see the current $1900/4 years as including the cost of building service centers in addition to the cost of the annual service. Placing the cost in the cost of the car (as was discussed in the fall) would seem to make more sense and would allow Tesla to return to speaking about EVs inherently simpler low maintenance design. It may be the $2500 price increase in January was done with all this in mind.

My button is back up as well, and the prices are still the same. I will let the clock run down to see what is revealed.

prepaid.PNG
No harm in waiting...

Don't get your hopes up. Elon says he wants a world class organization. I don't believe that he will provide it for free or even reduce the already announced price. I would bet that his announcement will be a bold expansion of the service center network possibly including local certified facilities that are not owned by Tesla. My guess it would be some type of partnership with BMW that will allow BMW dealerships to become authorized Tesla service centers. This would vastly expand the footprint in one dramatic move!

Hmm. I took it more along the lines of they were cleaning up the organization so all the BS some owners experience would be nipped.