Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the people complaining that its too expensive, go buy a pedal bike?

I don't understand why you are so snippy. At quick glance I didn't notice anyone complaining that it's too expensive - we were merely commenting Canuck's (rhetorical?) question if what he paid is viewed as expensive or not. Especially when Tesla themselves advertise that one can save money as their cars require so little maintenance.

I'm probably not getting my money's worth when it comes to the service plan cost (I paid $2k for 4 years) but part of what I am paying for is peace of mind given the new technology involved such that the amount is worth it to me. Plus, I like the relationship it has provided me with the service people. However, I'm sure if I didn't buy it there wouldn't be any real difference with the vehicle so Tesla is right when they say the car requires little maintenance. Once again, the service plan is optional. Your warranty is not voided if you don't buy it. Some of the service on an ICE isn't optional and avoiding certain service on an ICE may void your warranty.

I'm getting mixed signals from Tesla regarding maintenance of their cars. On one hand they say how little maintenance is required due to the lack of ICE. On the other hand, they sell expensive maintenance packages that cover regular maintenance.

Using Cars.com's estimates of maintenance and repair costs, my 2015 Subaru will cost more $460 more per year than a Tesla S with Tesla's service plan over five year period, $2,300 less over five years.

So Tesla will be offering a $2,300 maintenance advantage with the T3 if it uses the same service schedule and costs as the TS.