Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service problems!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very frustrated with Tesla service! All of a sudden my phone key stopped working, as did my key card. I tried everything suggested on this forum and nothing worked. Just try to find an actual person from Tesla to talk to . I tried "customer service" and no one answered. Spoke to my local service center and no help. They said "bring the car in". Are you kidding?? How can there be no one to talk to at a company like Tesla? Am I missing something? Is there another way to get help from them??
BTW, the next day the phone key connected easily. No explanation.
I'm a pretty tech savy person, but this is ridiculous. I love the car, but regret buying it now.

You wouldn't regret buying it if you also carried the keycard

I had this problem too and ended up changing permissions (or something) in the app (hate that word)

40 years as a mainframe developer and tbh I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it, but check out the app permissions

So, I purchased my model 3 LR on 1/24 and while I was driving home, (200 miles) it had a slight pull to the right. I did not think much of it at the time. Back to this in a moment. During my delivery inspection I noted a few discrepancies with the door and frunk seals. When I got home, I set up an appointment with service on 2/9, no charge. Today, while driving, a steering alignment service message popped up. I sent a text to service about the issue and the experience of the car pulling slightly left on my drive home from delivery. They came back with a cost of $425 to fix the alignment!!! Needless to say, I sent an not so favorable response to the service center. I‘ve had this car for a week and 393 miles. Hopefully, Tesla will make this right. Any thoughts?

You should definitely ALWAYS bring a key card with you, I believe the manual states it too. Phone as key is only 99% up, you need a backup.
Phone as key is affected greatly by the phone's OS and how you configure it. There's not much Tesla can do to fix those occasional "does not work" cases. Discussed at length here.
Tesla are not good at phone calls. Any service is done by a technician, either at your home or at the service center. They offer to bring it in, under warranty, to help you. Why not go?

So, I purchased my model 3 LR on 1/24 and while I was driving home, (200 miles) it had a slight pull to the right. I did not think much of it at the time. Back to this in a moment. During my delivery inspection I noted a few discrepancies with the door and frunk seals. When I got home, I set up an appointment with service on 2/9, no charge. Today, while driving, a steering alignment service message popped up. I sent a text to service about the issue and the experience of the car pulling slightly left on my drive home from delivery. They came back with a cost of $425 to fix the alignment!!! Needless to say, I sent a not so favorable response to the service center. I‘ve had this car for a week and 393 miles. Hopefully, Tesla will make this right. Any thoughts?
They provide an estimate for All services. That does not mean you are being charged.

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd