Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Quote Estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ch1zzle

2022 MYP | MSM | B/W Interior | OD 9/21
Sep 7, 2021
San Francisco
I submitted a service request for some minor issues I found within 24 hours of delivery. I just got a quote for $180 in the app and it’s asking me approve the quote. All these fixes should be no cost either under warranty or the 24 hour/100 mile rule.

Can I ignore the Approve button or should I approve knowing it will be confirmed at the service appointment?

In general, I would not approve something unless I was ok paying for it. Teslas processes have changed a little since I got my car (model 3) in 2018. I think their system now sends out these estimates for people to approve, and then they expect to "waive" them if the issues are actually warranty issues (but not, if they dont deem them to be).

If you approve ahead of time, they will just bill you if they decide they are not warranty issues (because you already approved that). If you do nothing, they at least would need to get you to approve any charges (because you had not approved them yet).

Thus, If it were me, I would not approve anything in the app I was not ok with being charged for (said another way, I would ignore the approve button and talk to the SC on the day of the appointment).

I dont know why Tesla does this because it is confusing, but even for warranty work you will get a quote showing what it would cost if the work was not covered under warranty. You approve it, and then the appointment is scheduled. They do the work, and then you get an invoice for $0.