Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Repair on '21 MYLR - Loaner Kia Soul

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am happy that Tesla is providing a loaner since I have seen others state that they just received Uber credit. I have small kids and require my own vehicle. I have a brand new Model Y and taking it in for fit and finish issues (interior head liner scratched/scuffs, rear tail lights not aligned). I was provided a Kia Soul. So before I sound like a major 'First World Problems' person, I am grateful for at least that. But I just have to say that this really drops the ball with brand experience. I mean, do other high end brands set their customers up with entry brand/model vehicles? So odd and leaves a bad taste.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I remember back in 2016 I could get all sorts of great Tesla loaners. Got a Model X P90D and used for a weekend trip while my S took an unexpected trip to the service center. Those days are long gone.

Dropped off my MYP at the service center this morning. I’m in a Chevy Equinox from Enterprise until Wednesday.

YqoG7Ke.jpg

I've taken my Y in for service twice so far for fit/finish issues. The first time they gave me a Model X 100D but unfortunately there were some issues they couldn't fix at the first service center so I had to schedule a second appointment at a different service center.

The day of my second appointment they contacted me and told me there were no loaners available. They said they had one coming in later that day and they would call me when it arrived. Unfortunately when it arrived the customer who dropped it of brought it back with an almost empty battery. The service center gave me a few options either I could get an Enterprise car or I could wait until Monday to drop off my car. I decided to wait till Monday but then when I arrived the loaner had a flat tire. At that point they were very apologetic and again gave me some options either I could wait an hour and a half for them to fix the tire or I could take a loaner. In the end I decided to just take my car and come back latter. In the end they gave me a Model S 75D.

Reactions: Bucksnrt