Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service said this was fixed lol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try to make this short. Let me start off by saying I love this car and I love tesla. I've always read of peoples service experiences and kind of pushed it off but well it happened to me. I have to had the rear passenger side seat belt mechanism replaced at some point due to error and also had a hitch installed as well. I guess somewhere along the line someone didnt put the rear trim back in properly. 2 weeks ago I hear awful rattle - check everything out and well to me seems like its the loose trim. I make service appointment they hear the sound and will fix. After a day my car is ready - great super stoked. Get it - drive back to work and I hear the same rattle. Get out of the car and see the trim in the trunk in almost the same shape in which I dropped it off at.
Leads me to believe they did almost nothing to this area but they replaced all the clips in my door which I stated also had a rattle. They claim they test drove it and said it was fine but I'm starting to doubt that as well. I'm not too sure what to do to get them to fix this. I have been back and forth with service to get them to look at the car again sooner since this rattle and creaking issue was never fixed.
I am just at a loss of words for this.
Again - love Tesla but starting to hate service.
Is there anyone who has had similar noises coming from the trunk and have a fix or ways to escalate service appointments?

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 155
Sorry to hear about your service center issues. At least they didn’t dent and scratch your car while it was there and then lie to you about it. I have not had my car back for service since a week old.

i Had my wife drive the car and I rode in the rear hatch area to find a rattle it was near the Subwoofer area. It’s all quiet now.

Sorry to hear about your service center issues. At least they didn’t dent and scratch your car while it was there and then lie to you about it. I have not had my car back for service since a week old.

i Had my wife drive the car and I rode in the rear hatch area to find a rattle it was near the Subwoofer area. It’s all quiet now.
what did you do to fix the rattle. I think most Model Ys have that rattle.

Reactions: rescueswimmer