Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m close to 25k miles, recently changed my cabin air filter. When I purchased the car in 2018 I recall the schedule calling for brake fluid change at 25k and battery cooling fluid change at 50k miles.

just looked up again in my manual.....now says to just check the brake fluid at 25k, and no mention of battery fluid at 50k.

I never use the brakes, I realize the fluid can degrade with time. What are the rest of you doing for maintenance?

Brake fluid is hygroscopic which means it will tend to absorb water and moisture. This will cause the calipers to not be as effective in stopping power and also over the long run will cause your calipers to rust internally. It is recommended that the brake fluid be flushed every 2 years. Break fluid flush is very simple. At a minimum you can use a 'turkey baster' or syringe to remove most of the fluid out of the reservoir (without causing bubbles) and add new fluid. Just an FYI.