Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 1 hour service subscription for my Model S using the Safari browser on my desktop and none of the pages would open. I then logged in on my Chrome browser but, of course, the site did not recognize that I had already purchased the session and asked me to purchase one. At that point I spent the rest of the hour changing settings in Safari to no avail. At the expiration of the hour I purchased another hour using Chrome and it worked flawlessly. I replied to the email congratulating me for purchasing the first hour using the questions or help link and got a canned response to log into my account. I did that and sent an email explaining the situation and asking for a refund of the first hour and got a response that Tesla would be " reaching out to me soon. " Since that has not happened and I can't find a phone number anywhere to call customer service, I am thinking about disputing the charge on my credit card to get someone's attention. Has anyone who uses the service site ever had this experience? What does everyone think, will Tesla then get ahold of me to discuss the situation or will I just banned from ever buying another service subscription?

I'm afraid you are right. I thought it was bad when huge companies made me sit on hold for an hour to talk to someone on the other side of the planet that I could barely understand but no phone number at all is a new low. I would be perfectly happy with all digital communications ( no phone number because no one likes call centers ) BUT if Tesla plays that game and then doesn't bother to reply it pisses me off way more than the phone game.

The printed service manual that people used to be able to buy for their car with all the factory approved maintenance, diagnostic, and repair procedures has gone the way of the dinosaur. Most of the OEMS at first tried to restrict this information to their franchised dealers but Massachusetts passed a law that required them to make this information available to owners and independent repair facilities. After this the manufacturers made the service manual available online by selling subscriptions ( sessions ) by the hour, day, or year. I've used several and, whether by design or incompetence, they are all glitchy. Tesla's subscriptions include lots of useful information but sometimes the procedures for your car don't bear much resemblance to your actual car probably because Tesla changes the parts of the car as new stuff becomes available instead of freezing the specifications for a model year. None the less reading the manual online and printing the pages does prevent making dangerous/expensive mistakes.

My "service manual" for my 2017 Pacifica Hybrid came on a CDROM and REQUIRES IE 6.. won't work on anything else. I had to created a custom VM on parallels just to run the stupid thing. And the manual is sketchy at it's best. My Audi had the best manual so far..