Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service: Things are improving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that it’s inpeoving. Early 2017 they had s bunch of badly trained techs and errors and mistakes were made to damage cars in the process of fixing. I hope they continue to regain trust so I don’t avoid going in for issues thinking I’m risking even more damage.

They still damage cars. Just had my center display replaced and got it back with nice dents around the bezel. *sigh*

Things at my local service center have greatly improved over the past 2 years. They crew there has always been awesome to deal with, and if go there just to hang out after hours if possible. The system hasn't been the most efficient, and they are severely overloaded, so quality control suffers. They are getting it figured out and it's becoming quicker (still fairly extensive wait times with the usual non-tesla loaners, but it is what it is when they are the only service center in the area). I'm hoping they start allowing indy shops to get certified to work on these cars.

At Buena Park, CA service center, Enterprise is now getting MS75s as loaners. They gave me a brand new one a couple of days ago. They were literally pealing tape off of it while handing it over to me. I brought it home and took the tape off the door sils, and other interior pieces. Just 50 miles on the odometer.

Of course the thing that bums me out is that charging it to 90% gets me more range than charging my 85mto 90%. Which is why I basically use a 70 setting when doing planning in ev trip planner etc.

This last week, I had to take my S into the SC for faulty louvers(I noticed when the fan started going full tilt 85+dB when charging it in my garage at night). I've heard reports of how long it takes to replace parts, so was expecting several weeks turnaround. Dropped it off last Thursday and picked it up last night(Thursday the following week). They actually had the louvers completely replaced Tuesday night but found additional issues with the HVAC and ended up replacing almost the whole system.

My only complaint is that all loaners were gone and I had to use a horrid, monstrous, Chevy Traverse for a week. Reminded me just how much I love my MS.

Reactions: boaterva
FYI, they are monitoring spaces like this one. I just got a call about my post here. They scheduled me to fix the bezel issue and hiding the connector away and are also marking my account to never get a wash again. Yay for the last part. It has left me convinced that posting here does more for a response than calling them but I'll try again. They might send Clamps after me if I don't :)

Reactions: Dr. J
Turn the AC on full blast while supercharging. This is almost guaranteed to open them. Most of the time, you'll hear the fans kick on on a hot day with just the AC on.
I've had the fans kick on without the louvers opening. And other times the louvers open when the fans kick on. I'm not sure it's a requirement. I've also walked around superchargers, and many cars don't have their louvers open.

I think it has to be hot outside with a hot battery after a long drive and you're SpC with a low SoC.

FYI, they are monitoring spaces like this one. I just got a call about my post here. They scheduled me to fix the bezel issue and hiding the connector away and are also marking my account to never get a wash again. Yay for the last part. It has left me convinced that posting here does more for a response than calling them but I'll try again. They might send Clamps after me if I don't :)
So... how do they know who you are? Or is your name correlatable enough to a person/car by location, etc.? Perhaps my SC could tell who I am from delivery date and car specs and all that... :D

But I’ll definitely call them if there’s anything that needs attention! Just wondering how much work they would do to figure who someone is.

I'd say things are improving! Just went in for an annual service.
Pulled into the SC, a tech immediately came over, took both my keys and directed me to the service manager. I told the service manager (who was new to me by the way) my name, pulled a manila file with my info already prepared. I look back and there are two other techs already looking over the vehicle, one in the drivers seat, the other taking tread measurements. This is literally less than 2 minutes from when I drove in. A minute later, the manager's handed the tread measurements and other info (I asked), and I was advised of the cost for the service (I did not pre-pay for a plan). Two minutes later, I am handed the keys to a loaner for the day. I am not exaggerating, I could have literally just left but I chatted for a bit with the new manager before leaving while saying hi to another manager who I knew from a few prior visits. When the techs jumped to the vehicle after I handed them the keys, especially with the guy checking the tires, the thought crossed my mind that I was in the pits at a NASCAR race!

• Love
Reactions: boaterva and Dr. J
Just had my car serviced two days ago at Devon PA. I was able to get the appointment within a week of calling. It was for wind noise coming through the driver's window. At first, I thought they were going to make me drive with the technician as the passenger to highlight the issue. I wanted the technician to drive the car instead so he can hear it firsthand. I thought I would get some resistance but he was okay with it and was very friendly during the drive acknowledging the same issue on other cars too. Despite the SC being busy by servicing a large area, they were able to have me wait for the car there and took couple of hours to fix it. They uploaded the latest SW update and washed my car.

Everyone at the SC that I spoke to was courteous and inquiring if things were going okay. Only thing was I received an email from Tesla about a weekend social happening at their SC on 10/14 which I RSVP'd to but they had no idea what I was talking about. I showed the email to their manager who asked me forward it to her and that she will inquire further about it. Anyone else got the same email and called with their SC to confirm that they do in fact know about the event?

I wish I could say service was improving. I just went through a pretty extraordinary eight week ordeal with my car, and it arrived back absolutely filthy and with damage to the paint due to dirt and bird droppings and whatnot baking in the sun for eight weeks.

Communication was pretty uniformly awful and got worse over the period. Even using the "Escalate to Execs" feature was a fiasco.

Read all about it here and the photos of the car are here

If you want to send a simple but nice thank-you, I've called and asked when a good time would be to order a bunch of pizzas for everybody, and asked how many pizzas would be enough to feed everybody with some to take home / leave in break room for people that didn't come in that day, etc.

It's cheap, easy, and people like a free lunch. It sends the message that they're doing well and we appreciate it.

I do this with the local firefighters occasionally as well, great guys.

Serious question!
Is this considered "ok behavior"?

On one hand, yes I'm being nice to the everyone at the service center. Except the diabetes part.
But on the other, I'm setting a level for all other Tesla owners. Much like the tipping culture (which is utter nonsense).

There has to be something we can do that helps the people there, without literally buying stuff for them, no matter how small.

Agree. I would hope that good service was the norm and you could feedback to their management when expectations were being met and when they were not.