Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Wait time (Mobile) - Bellevue/Gig Harbor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

It seems like the scheduling of appointments is now encouraged through the application. Attempted to call Tesla a few times but not able to get through.I believe my repairs can be done by mobile -- but wonder how long it will take to them to contact me. It's been almost a week since I've made the appointment. Previously, I was contacted fairly quickly by a mobile technician; however, times seem to have changed. Glad they are selling lots of cars -- but having no heat in the morning isn't fun.

Anyone in the Gig Harbor/Tacoma area with recent mobile service experiences? For example, how long did it take for the mobile tech to contact you?

Thanks!

About a month ago I had a very-low-priority request (installing an add-on), and scheduled an appointment at Bellevue. I think the mobile team contacted me in just under a week, and they were out to my house in less than a week from that.

Reactions: hpartsch
With the online contact only, how do you check prices for individual services or parts? Say alignment, or new tires? Or do you have to book the appointment, show up, and then decide whether the price is ok?
I requested rotation of tires last time. Only given the cost after it was completed. I wasn't expecting to be charged anything and was told I wouldn't be charged at check-in... Anyways, got that fixed.

I think this is an area where they could greatly improve.

Btw, I finally was able to get a hold of someone via phone. They had an opening 4 weeks earlier than my initial appointment created via the application (which was the first available)... I've read about this being the case, not sure why it is. Discourages you from using the application for things that are important to get fixed.

Still hoping Mobile contacts me and is able to perform the service. The lady on the phone said she didn't think they could handle it. From my reading, I need a dc-dc converter, charge port, and heater replacement.

Last edited:
I requested rotation of tires last time. Only given the cost after it was completed.
It seems like another "smooth" experience designed by Elon for people like himself, who just just wave their credit card without looking at such bills because they are below noise level of their spending. Sounds very much like Elon touted "you can buy a car in 2 minutes on your phone, return it in 7 days", which is also only possible if you have enough spare cash laying around to buy the whole car. Elon put himself in charge of customer experience (rather than re-hiring for the position), but being so far disconnected from reality he's failing miserably.

I will be needing new tires soon, it I don't think I'll be buying them from Tesla.

It seems like another "smooth" experience designed by Elon for people like himself, who just just wave their credit card without looking at such bills because they are below noise level of their spending. Sounds very much like Elon touted "you can buy a car in 2 minutes on your phone, return it in 7 days", which is also only possible if you have enough spare cash laying around to buy the whole car. Elon put himself in charge of customer experience (rather than re-hiring for the position), but being so far disconnected from reality he's failing miserably.

I will be needing new tires soon, it I don't think I'll be buying them from Tesla.

I had a good experience with new tires on my 3 year old Model S at Les Schwab. They actually had the tires on hand, which was a huge surprise since I had previous been told it would be three days to get the tires in.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex