Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service warning after car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have 2018 model X100 with 25k miles. After going through the car wash my auto drive cameras not available till next drive to my lights start blinking ( parking and interior lights) after few minutes the cameras not available to get service warring light flashing with exterior and interior lights blinking.
Did the hard reset no improvement ? Made an mobile appointment and parked the car.
Next day was little warm started the car no warning light or light being flashy ?
Have anyone seen this issue ? Looks like water leak into some components….
Any suggestions.

Definitely sounds like a water leak. You should narrow down the time really good (receipt from carwash or timestamp if you took a picture) so they can look at the logs for errors ... ie which camera or sensor was throwing errors in the log affecting the whole system.

You definitely left off if you've used this carwash before? How many times/often you use that carwash or others? First owner of the X or just recently bought ... meaning would you know the whole history of it? Any component upgrades in the last X weeks ... ie. cameras replaced or MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade or FSD upgrade. Occasionally when replacing things wire connections may be loose or fall off (or if not perfect fit/pushed on). I had this when they did my MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade and cell connection was weak (ie. that connector was not put on right).

Reactions: GeoG