Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service/Warranty work in Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I'm waiting for my MS to be delivered - I've become somewhat stumped. A rep at the Tesla store in Chicago said that they will do free ranger service for any warranty work out to Michigan + if I have a prepaid service plan (for annual maintenance) the ranger will come out free for any work in Michigan. Both because we don't have a service center.

That said, when I called my nearest center in Ohio, they said it's billed at $3/mile.

Anybody know how to get the actual answer?

That shocks me to hear that. I live in a suburb of Detroit and I've never paid for a ranger visit from Cleveland. They have techs that live in the area and come to you, so there's really no long drive issues for them to get to you. And if for some strange reason the car needs to go to Ohio for service, they will bring you a loaner and trailer your car there and back. At least, that's always been my experience for warranty work. I don't have any prepaid or upgraded service plan.

I am only 45 mi from the factory and 30 mi from my service center. Ranger used to be free for me. It now costs 100 to come out and either fix on site or swap cars. They changed their policy about 4-6 months ago. I complained and my last Ranger was free. I think they have realized that they simply cannot afford to do it. I understand that. But it still pisses me off. That's one of the reasons (low on the list, but still...) that I bought car. That being said, I still find their service to be fantastic.

While I'm waiting for my MS to be delivered - I've become somewhat stumped. A rep at the Tesla store in Chicago said that they will do free ranger service for any warranty work out to Michigan + if I have a prepaid service plan (for annual maintenance) the ranger will come out free for any work in Michigan. Both because we don't have a service center.

That said, when I called my nearest center in Ohio, they said it's billed at $3/mile.

Anybody know how to get the actual answer?
Send me a private message.