Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service - what to expect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is needed at the Bristol service centre to correct an issue resulting in a growth of white fungus in the lower rear boot (trunk). It might require replacement of boot seal and carpet. Initially i was told this was something a visiting technician could do but now they need me to take it to Bristol.

My question is what to expect. Am I expected to leave it there? Or am I expected to wait? It is an hour from home. I suspect the Birmingham service centre might be closer, but I was not offered that.

I feel left in the dark regarding this unusual car's unusual service requirement.

Have other people had a pleasant service experience?

My model 3 is needed at the Bristol service centre to correct an issue resulting in a growth of white fungus in the lower rear boot (trunk). It might require replacement of boot seal and carpet. Initially i was told this was something a visiting technician could do but now they need me to take it to Bristol.

My question is what to expect. Am I expected to leave it there? Or am I expected to wait? It is an hour from home. I suspect the Birmingham service centre might be closer, but I was not offered that.

I feel left in the dark regarding this unusual car's unusual service requirement.

Have other people had a pleasant service experience?

You might get a better response in the UK & Ireland section of the forum.

I too wondered what to expect when I brought my Model 3 in for service to replace the right side repeater camera. Since everything was set up through the app and I never spoke with a human, I had no idea if this was a quick fix where I could wait for the car or if I needed to arrange transportation home. I would have liked a little better communication from Tesla.

Turns out they needed to keep the car overnight but they were able to give me a Model S loaner.