Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service will NOT align the X on Low Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I read on a forum post that it might be possible to have service align the camber on the X to one of the lower settings if we know that we will be driving on the lower settings more than standard. This supposedly will help reduce the wear on the tires if u drive on the low setting.

I'm picking up my X on Monday and asked my delivery rep if they could do this before i accept delivery but a Service rep called me to tell me that they wont align the X to the lower settings and they only align the car on the standard suspension settings.

Just wanted to pass along this info from the horses mouth. bummer

The standard setting is “low” on the air suspension ..you will be fine
Your DS is an idiot. I’ve taken delivery of TWO model X’s since they changed the standard setting to be “Low” and was advised both times things are aligned that way - this was done because of the shudder issue.

Changed to the 22” Tires yesterday from my 20’s - 1,800 miles - no obvious wear issues.

Your DS is an idiot. I’ve taken delivery of TWO model X’s since they changed the standard setting to be “Low” and was advised both times things are aligned that way - this was done because of the shudder issue.

Changed to the 22” Tires yesterday from my 20’s - 1,800 miles - no obvious wear issues.

wow, my DS is an idiot then and also the service guy too. they did not say that to me at all.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
wow, my DS is an idiot then and also the service guy too. they did not say that to me at all.
Did you take delviery with the vehicle set to “Low” always? Or was it set to “Standard”?

Both of mine were delivered set to “Low” and the “Always” box checked.

Both the DS and the SC folks told me it was aligned that way and that this was part of the solution to the shudder issue - not a permanent solution but the way they were managing it at this point.

If your vehicle came delivered as “Standard” they may not WANT to change it more than can’t...who knows. But I know they are delivering them this way and if they are NOT aligning them as they deliver them they are asking for a class action law suit from everyone that takes delivery and has premature tire wear and, I don’t think, they’re that stupid.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
My X tire wear has been even, although it's been on low always for half a year and has mostly freeway miles at low before that.

At my first annual service I asked the SC to check alignment in low. They said they only align in standard! Not really a problem, since it's doing fine as it was, but different than I've heard before on TMC. Guess I've got backwater SC.