Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be taking delivery of my X in mid-Oct, so I have been actively following this thread.

I don't think $400 for tire rotation, alignment, cabin filter and wiper blades is unreasonable, based on what I have paid for these same services for my Mercedes R350. The Mercedes stealership charges more than $600 for these services. My local independent shop charges $150 for alignment and tire rotation, $80 for the cabin filter, and I change wipers myself ($25 ea.). This comes to $280, or $120 less than Tesla's charges. Not a ton of money, and as others have stated, Tesla service centers have a completely different incentive than all other automotive shops and have a vested interest in keeping your car in perfect running condition.

That being said, an annual cabin filter is unnecessary for the majority of drivers. Tesla really should make these a la carte options.

The alignment is not included in the $400. Its an extra ~$100, the alignment check is included, as a way to upsell you on the alignment itself.

Just my experience-i have a 2013 S 85 & a 2016 X 90-live in a "non-tesla state" so must get service from another state (3 hr drive) i bought a 3 yr service agreement w the S-the service has been fantastic- the touch screen failed & they replaced it. Once they called & said they had to replace the battery (i thought it was working fine). Most often they came with a loaner. A couple of times i had to use a rental car that they paid for. Remember that this was early in "tesla life" and there wern't many on the road. Several times they fixed glitches w software &'firmware updates. The S is a better car than when i bought it. The X has been mostly trouble free but there have been a couple of firmware fixes. The service contracts available for the X aren,t as attractive. It is more expensive. Bottom line---i trust this company and their service people. They are squeezed a bit, it isnt perfect , but its light-years ahead of a chevy or honda dealer