Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servicing and maintenance in Guam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've emailed tesla, but haven't heard back. Is there someone I can email or call to ask questions that will actually respond?

I live in Guam and I'm considering ordering a truck, but I'm concerned on how I will be able to service my vehicle for maintenance or warrenty issues. I know there's at least one tesla in Guam, I've seen it driving around. I've read in other discussions that tesla will fly a technician out, but how long do I have to wait? Is it at cost to me, do they provide a rental car? What if parts need to be shipped off island, do I have to handle logistics and pay for shipping?

...I've read in other discussions that tesla will fly a technician out...

That might be a very old story when Tesla tried to build up consumer confidence and it had to do everything it could to get one more customer even from far away.

Michigan is an example that early adopters got first class service with towing even for standard maintenance and mobile service but then it was discontinued but fortunately the law has changed just in time so Tesla will build service centers there instead.

Unless there is a high concentration of Tesla cars in Guam, I doubt Tesla would continue to do that.

So, it's a chicken and egg problem: You need to get more people buying Tesla in Guam to build up a service demand but it's hard to convince consumers if Tesla discontinued the first-class service there!

I've emailed tesla, but haven't heard back. Is there someone I can email or call to ask questions that will actually respond?

I live in Guam and I'm considering ordering a truck, but I'm concerned on how I will be able to service my vehicle for maintenance or warrenty issues. I know there's at least one tesla in Guam, I've seen it driving around. I've read in other discussions that tesla will fly a technician out, but how long do I have to wait? Is it at cost to me, do they provide a rental car? What if parts need to be shipped off island, do I have to handle logistics and pay for shipping?

find me on Facebook. I’m on island with my model 3 and could answer a few questions you may have

Reactions: eevee-fan
Hafa adai. Everything is harder to get and support in Guam and Tesla moreso. It would be cool to have a CT there to float down the road during the inevitable typhoon.
Bueans! Of what you say, I am fully aware. Have been on the island and have no intention of ever leaving...despite the hassles that come along with being in the middle of the Pacific. I know there are at least 3-4 Teslas on island...hoping to make that 5!

I’ll add a perspective. We’ve had a Tesla in Alaska for 6 years. 4 with an S and now almost 2 with a 3. Needed service one time, the original tail lights on our 3 would fill with water replaced and no issues since. I’ve always accepted the fact that in the rare event something failed on or I got in a wreck the Tesla could be out of commission for months. Just in the last year there is a mobile tech stationed up here, but we have quite a lot of Tesla’s now.