Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servicing costs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my S (so will be similar and prices quotes are only roughly as i remember)
Brake clean and check £200
Alignment £200
Cabin air filter under £20
A/c Dessicant pack (required draining and regassing! ) £170
And daftest of all - taking a tyre off and putting it back £45 (presumably to check the acoustic foam cos I canlt think of any other reason)

Was that done by Tesla?

I'm used to servicing stuff every 1-2 years, feels weird not to think about it. As a minimum I think I'd want my brakes cleaned since they're pretty much always rust coloured from lack of use, plus alignment, etc. I wonder how much of the rest of it is money for old rope though.

There is nothing special about Tesla model 3 brakes they are a bog standard design. If I want mine cleaned and or checked I will either do it my self if I have a couple of hours to kill or take it to a local garage I use 10 minutes away.
I am not planning on going to the hastle of a 60 mile round trip to the Tesla service centre for anything that is not strictly necessary

Was that done by Tesla?

I'm used to servicing stuff every 1-2 years, feels weird not to think about it. As a minimum I think I'd want my brakes cleaned since they're pretty much always rust coloured from lack of use, plus alignment, etc. I wonder how much of the rest of it is money for old rope though.

Indeed done by Tesla. Next service will be by local garage who tell me they charge £20 for a standard old banger front wheel alignment but do have a laser system. They seem happy enough to do the S (they've had it on their ramps for punctures and let me lurk and watch and crawl underneath to see etc) and I'd be happy to pay a sane price for all four....they even did my first puncture free just for the fun of doing a Tesla (local garage in small town)
Brakes i like checked annaully (I like brakes) .. around her with the hills and lanes they get used more often anyway and if any of my cars shows signs of discolouration on the discs then i give them a few good braking sessions to clean them up....
I;d have to have alignments done regularly to really know if heavy Tesla's do go out but my aged 27yr old car has never been done and its tyre wear is still even. The Tesla first year alignment check was a tad out - but I've still wondered if it was never right from the factory and shipping???

Does the car warn you about these maintenance items, or is it something I just have to remember?

The car doesn't warn you. The servicing requirements for the Model S were specified differently. When I test drove the Model 3 in July 19 and when I picked up my SR+ in early September 19 I was specifically told that there were no servicing requirements. I suppose the key word there is "requirements", in the sense that it's not compulsory in order to maintain warranty... just fix things as they crop up. Since that time there have been some servicing recommendations of course ... the obvious one being a brake service depending on use of the car and weather in your country or territory. It's wise to clean and check brakes rather than wait until they seize up!