Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servicing lead times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good luck folks

First time I booked mine in and the day before they denied the booking.
Rebooked it, took it in and haven't seen it or heard from them since.
That was a week ago.

The BMW loaner is a wearisome POS, but dont want to hassle them as I know the new guy walked into a total shambles and is trying to straghten things out. Wish him the best.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I’ll be sure to book my first service when I take delivery. That wait is a joke.

God help us when the M3 lands however they are planning expansion in UK for then!

I’m in the north West and Stockport is my only SC, it’s not very big but not dealt with them yet.

I booked my MS in mid April at Birmingham SC - Digbeth, for the earliest service at the end of May, around 8 weeks I guess. I did book a replacement for the day so that may have a bearing on the lead time particularly if they only have a few service cars in stock. Still, a long time to wait!

It's not how long you have to wait to book it in that is the issue, it's whether you get your car back!
10 days now, no communication whatsoever.
Quite shocking really.

If it gets to two weeks I'll have to call them, but really it is the SC that should be keeping in touch with me.
Tesla UK really do have to get their act together.

It's not how long you have to wait to book it in that is the issue, it's whether you get your car back!
10 days now, no communication whatsoever.
Quite shocking really.

If it gets to two weeks I'll have to call them, but really it is the SC that should be keeping in touch with me.
Tesla UK really do have to get their act together.

Which SC is this? I guess they need and others need to know that they are falling short. Lets face it the repair/servicing cost are very high and one would hope that would be reflected in the quality of the CS. My experience with Birmingham so far has been OK so far but still find the timescales crazy.

They know they are in a mess which is why I am not naming them - for now at least.
They are on very thin ice however, and I am on the verge of savaging them very publically and at multiple levels within Tesla as well.

Tesla must get fundamental stuff like this right.
I might extend Tesla a bit of slack in the circumstances most owners would not remotely tolerate this.

EVs might be new and exciting, runnning an SC is not.

it is the SC that should be keeping in touch with me

Except IME that's no better

I got a courtesy call daily, for a week, "Parts will be arriving tomorrow" (seriously: they don't actually know WHEN parts are arriving that they would tell me "tomorrow" repeatedly?

The following week I got "Car will be into workshop tomorrow" every day

If they'd told me, at the outset, that service was going to be two weeks I would have made "arrangements", but the whole "tomorrow" thing, ultimately, wasted a huge amount of my time.

The person calling me was utterly bored too, not the "have a nice day" style of service more normal for an America company.

Which SC is this?

Over a couple of years my car has been to Birmingham, Heathrow and Dartford. Pretty much the same sort of thing at all three of them. Might well be that things are improving / some are better than others / but Tesla COMMs in general has been atrocious (e.g. the Roadster-2 deposits, people wiring them $250,000 dollar deposits and hearing nothing for a week or 10-days ... owners phoning support staff (and wasting their time) because they were seriously worried about what had happened to their money ... lots and lots of similar poor COMMs stories; support staff frequently have no idea about recently announced "policy"; its more than two months since my last referral was delivered, still absolutely no COMMS to me, and I expect I would have heard from Punter, who has been chasing Tesla, if he had heard anything as he's getting the swag ... if it ever arrives)

I phoned around, 6 weeks+ at Dartford, Heathrow & West Drayton. 2 weeks at Gatwick. I think if the distances aren't unmanageable you've got to phone around and see who's got the least wait time. I had heard bad things about the service at Gatwick, but have to say personally they couldn't have been better. Got a courtesy 100D for the weekend, replaced both headlights because the top element of the DRL had gone (I didn't even know), lent me a pair of wheels as one had been pothole damaged by the previous owner and another had a nail in it. Car came back clean, tidy & charged. :) Did miss the acceleration of the 100D (mine's uncorkable) but didn't miss the EAP funniness (mine's AP1), although that's greatly improved in the last update I hear (great news as I've got a feeling my next car will also be a Tesla at this rate).

I just phoned Tesla MK to book my car in for its first service (due in 4 weeks) to be told there's a 10 week wait!!!
As I have the car on PCP, Tesla said they'd send me an e-mail to say this delay doesn't affect my warranty, but 10 weeks is ridiculous!

Does anyone know if I have to inform the PCP company about the delay in servicing?

I just phoned Tesla MK to book my car in for its first service (due in 4 weeks) to be told there's a 10 week wait!!!
As I have the car on PCP, Tesla said they'd send me an e-mail to say this delay doesn't affect my warranty, but 10 weeks is ridiculous!

Does anyone know if I have to inform the PCP company about the delay in servicing?

No, you don’t have to inform them, and they won’t be interested in hearing about it either. However, I would keep a record of your attempt to have the car serviced in line with the recommended schedule, just in case it’s raised when you hand the car back. I think that’s highly unlikely to happen but just in case.

Is there another SC you could use that’s not hugely inconvenient?

No, you don’t have to inform them, and they won’t be interested in hearing about it either. However, I would keep a record of your attempt to have the car serviced in line with the recommended schedule, just in case it’s raised when you hand the car back. I think that’s highly unlikely to happen but just in case.

Is there another SC you could use that’s not hugely inconvenient?
As I live in Northampton, the next nearest SC for me is Birmingham. Reading above, wait times all seem to be around 6-8 weeks, so happy to wait for MK to service it & will definitely keep a record of my booking for future reference!

I better make a note of that to book my service in 3 months before it's due! I wonder what the issue is, since routine servicing on these cars is a doddle. They should be rattling them out, lol. I can understand parts delays etc, but not bog standard servicing.

I better make a note of that to book my service in 3 months before it's due! I wonder what the issue is, since routine servicing on these cars is a doddle. They should be rattling them out, lol. I can understand parts delays etc, but not bog standard servicing.

It wasn't quite 3 months in advance but I looked at my expected travel pattern and booked mine in, with a loaner request, when I thought I'd be hitting the 12.5k mark. I was pretty bang on and my service was done in one day and I had a brand new S100D for the day. It was so new AP hadn't calibrated.

I suspect the issues are a combination of staff resources not being adequate and more cars being delivered with the seemingly inevitable delivery niggles. The parts issues will also hurt Tesla loaner availability, anecdotally parts are used for new builds and repair stock are a low priority.

I've always had excellent service from Gatwick and very good relations with he staff. A year ago there was a 6 week wait for a service appointment, but they've sorted that out now with more staff and the next service last March (37.5K miles) was booked in quickly. It happened to coincide with the heavy snow and the loaner hadn't been returned when I arrived - stuck in snow somewhere. They phoned me early on to explain the problem and would have got me a hire car but as I live not far away I decided to make my own arrangements. I also mentioned that the transmission seemed a little noisier than it used to be and they decided to replace the whole unit. Apparently it was the known droning noise caused by resonance of a metal bush, now replaced by a ceramic one, but the whole unit has to be stripped down so they fit factory exchange units, which they had on the shelf. It was booked in a week later with a 100D loaner this time. Maybe I've been lucky but I really can't fault this level of service. I think that as the company is expanding fast they are just behind the curve on staffing levels at times.

I booked last week and got a service appointment next week (at West Drayton), so about 2 weeks wait - but that was the only slot they had and after that several more weeks wait until the next one.

However, Park Royal is supposed to be opening (for service) in a couple of weeks which should take the pressure off.

I booked with West Drayton yesterday and the earliest date with a loan car was late July. I took it and told them I would contact Park Royal when they start servicing and cancel if I got an earlier date which they were happy to do.