Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set charge rate remotely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great to be able to set charge rate,charge start/end times and integrate better with Powerwall software (remotely for charge rate limit instead of just on-screen charge capacity limits)

For Powerwall integration, if I am plugged in, the Tesla should charge automatically if the Powerwalls are full so that excess kWh don’t go to the grid during peak times (or outside my set ranges). Treat the car like another Powerwall that doesn’t put out power, but balances up charging as the actual pw’s get full and slow their charge rate.

icing on the cake is for the car to suck up all the excess juice and auto adjust its charging rate dynamically in real time so it only pulls from the grid when absolutely necessary to fulfill my human demands.

I currently trickle charge at 4 kw at night so by the time the sun is back up, it’s back to solar charging and maintaining off-grid status as much as possible (on weekends since I leave to early weekdays)

good idea?

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt