Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set charging to daytime only [using optiwatt, not tesla scheduled charging]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be. I don’t need to use Optiwatt necessarily; wondering if I can manually schedule charging times directly in the Tesla app.

No, you can not. You can manually schedule charging times in the car itself, but not in the tesla app. That wont do you any good if you have signed up for something that interfaces with your car that controls charging, however. I dont use (and likely would never use) anything like optiwatt.

Since it professes to "setup charging for when the rates are cheapest", you need to start with the optiwatt and see if it offers what you want. If I had to guess, I would guess that optiwatt will likely let you setup charging in the morning time, or anytime outside of the 3pm to 9pm or so "expensive time of use" times that most people have... but I dont know because I dont have optiwatt.

The reason I am saying "start with optiwatt" is because it is something that controls charging your car, so even if you setup scheduled charging in the car, the optiwatt might override it.

No, you can not. You can manually schedule charging times in the car itself, but not in the tesla app. That wont do you any good if you have signed up for something that interfaces with your car that controls charging, however. I dont use (and likely would never use) anything like optiwatt.

Since it professes to "setup charging for when the rates are cheapest", you need to start with the optiwatt and see if it offers what you want. If I had to guess, I would guess that optiwatt will likely let you setup charging in the morning time, or anytime outside of the 3pm to 9pm or so "expensive time of use" times that most people have... but I dont know because I dont have optiwatt.

The reason I am saying "start with optiwatt" is because it is something that controls charging your car, so even if you setup scheduled charging in the car, the optiwatt might override it.
https://sg57productions.com/dashboardfortesla can do scheduled charging from your phone, although your phone is the one doing the start and stop charging commands. Its only like $15 plus a few dollars for the add-on for smart-charging, and no recurring fees.