Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set top speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're crazy. There's no user-facing speed limiter setting available, though loaners are limited by the Service Center.

Actually, you're probably not crazy. What you're probably misremembering is setting the default speed offset for Autopilot (on restricted access roadways).

Thanks but that brings up the real reason for my question, and that is that recently I was on highway I5 (a 70-mph, two-lane road with a lot of slow trucks) in California cruising at 80 mph, and I wanted to quickly pass a 'road boulder' that was lodged in the fast lane, so I moved to the right lane and stepped down on the 'gas' pedal and was surprised at how slowly the car accelerated since at lower speeds it accelerates much faster. Is that normal?

There are many factors that'll impact your rate of acceleration. It doesn't accelerate from 70 as fast as is does from 0, but even the standard non-performance cars have decent giddy up at high speed.

That said, acceleration is hurt by cold temperatures and low battery charge states.