TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Set Up WiFi Popup

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by iffatall, Feb 5, 2014.

1. iffatall

iffatall Member

For the last few days, every morning, when I get into the car to go to work, I see this pop up message to setup a WiFi connection as the screen comes on. Why this is odd is that the car is already connected to my home WiFi at this time, as you can see in the pic. I am a little confused about this. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

(Sorry for the terrible photo.)

wifi.jpg

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

I think there's some serious refinement needed on this ...

Try a reboot.

3. Zextraterrestrial

like a nanny screen.
    gets pretty annoying especially when you don't have wifi that works where the car is

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Do you have multiple networks near you? I notice that if I come back to the car and it has been in range of a network it doesn't know about, it nags me. Seriously annoying though. If there's at least ONE network setup, then clearly I know that I can do it on others. Go. Away.

5. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

connect to the wi-fi on your phone so the nanny screen goes away.

6. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

Yes, but then it will use your phone data plan for all internet functions while driving (maps, internet radio, etc)

7. iffatall

iffatall Member

Thanks, that solved the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the issue I posted was that I did have WiFi, and was connected to the network. If you look closely, the WiFi icon is there on the top. I even double checked internet access. That is why I found it odd that it was asking me to join a network even though I was already connected to a network.

8. markb1

markb1 Active Member

This happened to me, too, but a reboot did not solve it. The only thing that worked for me was to forget my wifi network and re-add it.

9. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

You could also have tried tapping the "Connect To Wi-Fi" button instead. Tapping "Not Now" is the very thing that probably schedules that popup to appear at a later time.

10. iffatall

iffatall Member

I did try that too. When I tap on "Connect to WiFi", it lists the WiFi networks around, so I can tap on one to connect. The list included my own network, with tapping disabled on it with a label saying "connected" or something like that. Obviously I didn't want to tap on another network. So essentially, "Not Now", and "Connect To WiFi" effectively resulted in the same outcome. The popup appeared next morning again.

As I said, a reboot seems to have fixed the issue, although there is no way to be certain.

11. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I get this all the time now (and I'm *connected* to wifi). It didn't happen until a recent update (it was a bug before, seemed to have been fixed, and it's back again).

12. jive_devil

jive_devil Member

It's a bug.

I had the same issue, and after I tried all the tricks you guys attempted, I called the service line. They ID'd it as an incorrect flag in my profile. They dialed into the car, wiped the flag, and I haven't had a problem since (and it's been a few weeks now).

13. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

Same here. Reboot didn't fix it. Service center was little help - I think there may have been a communication error between them and CA.

Anyway, I deleted my home wifi then re-added it. So far so good.

14. Lump

Lump Active Member

I've had the pop up for months & it annoyed the hell out of me, a couple days ago I removed my home network & re-added it...thanks for the tip.