Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SETEC CCS adapter blocked again- WTH TESLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Oklahoma, we have a terrible supercharger infrastructure. There is a massive CCS network installed by Francis Energy. They do have chademo stations but most of them don’t work. The SETEC CCS adapter has worked at these locations until recent. Tesla has aggressively been blocking these adapters with firmware updates as of this summer. SETEC has to put out firmware updates to keep up but Tesla is outpacing them and there is no Tesla alternative. Does anyone know why they are doing this or whom I can complain to?

The message I’ve heard is that there is an electric arc risk. I think it’s because while the car locks to the adapter, the adapter doesn’t lock to the CCS plug coming from the charger. So if you pulled on the CCS plug without stopping the charge session, it could arc which is a safety hazard.

As an Okie myself I feel pretty lucky to have a Chademo adapter. They were pretty much discontinued right before delivery day for me. I lucked out in that the KC Tesla store happened to have one in stock that I bought at delivery.

I’m hoping Tesla just releases the official CCS1 adapter sooner rather than later.

I’m hoping Tesla just releases the official CCS1 adapter sooner rather than later.

I am in the same boat. Lousy supercharger options here in Central New York. What few new chargers there are seem to be going all CCS (ElectrifyAmerica), with no options for Tesla owners. Desperately need Tesla official CCS adapter. Frustrating that it's been talked about for nearly a year yet nothing is available.

Reactions: CyberPilot
Successful charge session at the Electrify America station in Mt Pleasant TX today.

9/2021 MYLR with 2921.44.25.2 software update.
Setec with 164-1 firmware.
1. Locate charge station in EA app
2. Plug CCS plug into setec
3. Plug setec into tesla
4. Swipe to start charge in EA app.
5. Press button on setec
6. Wait for everything to initiate and charging begins.

20211230_135934.jpg

20211230_140000.jpg

20211230_140009.jpg

20211230_140121_capture.jpg

I've used an EA charger here in Texas. Do you have ver 164 or 164-1? I use 164-1 with success.
I think it’s 164-1 from what I recall when I updated in 01/01/2022. Previous version was 164 and stopped working. That’s the only reason why I updated. And my Tesla has been updated to the most recent update that was released by Tesla.

Elon needs to release the CCS adapter already.

I’m selling my Lectron CCS adapter if anyone wants it. I don’t really use it anyway.

Reactions: kayak1
I sent a question to my local SC about the CCS1 retrofit. They replied oddly with a service date with their mobil service truck. They are preparing an estimate at this time and I am waiting to get a notification. I heard that the retrofit includes the CCS1 adapter but I am not sure that is the case right now. I need to have more conversations with the SC.

I sent a question to my local SC about the CCS1 retrofit. They replied oddly with a service date with their mobil service truck. They are preparing an estimate at this time and I am waiting to get a notification. I heard that the retrofit includes the CCS1 adapter but I am not sure that is the case right now. I need to have more conversations with the SC.
So Tesla notified me today that they do not provide the CCS1 retrofit and cancelled my service appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and DrGriz