Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my adapter yesterday and updated the firmware. I had to try a few different cables to get the computer to recognize the adapter but eventually the computer made the usb connection sound. It updated successfully however Norton kept removing the update file so I had to un-quarantine it,

Hope to test the adapter today.

Got my adapter yesterday and updated the firmware. I had to try a few different cables to get the computer to recognize the adapter but eventually the computer made the usb connection sound. It updated successfully however Norton kept removing the update file so I had to un-quarantine it,

Hope to test the adapter today.

Don’t you love dodgy upgrade files from Asia that couldn’t possibly be infected with malware? :eek:

How about change USB cable?
Some micro 5pin cable does not support data connection. (just charging)

Figured it out - I had tried about 6 different cables and verified that they support data. However, you really have to shove it in there, at least with the cables I had. If you just plug it in like you would any other device, the green light lights up and it appears to be getting power, but, it didn't connect to the computer until I pressed it in hard and held it there for the duration of the firmware update.

Anyway, firmware is updated now... sadly I took a trip to the Supercharger yesterday so my battery is "full", but I'll try again soon.

I got hold of support last night for a firmware patch from a log file I sent them. I was trying to get the adapter to work with a 50KW Efacec charger here at my workplace since charging is on the house. No luck after the first firmware patch. I’ll see what happens after the next iteration.

I also went to my local EA station to do some more testing with the v126-1 that got pushed out. The 150 kw signet charger peaked at 48kw. I tried the 350 kw signet dispenser just for the heck of it. It works on the 350 kw unit but i got some pretty wild ramps. The power output kept bouncing up and down between 33 -76 kw. I was afraid of damaging my battery so I stopped it immediately. See attached picture. The charger rate number is blurry because it was changing so rapidly.
2DCB9B60-1C5D-49E4-A481-587F16C911C2.jpeg

I got hold of support last night for a firmware patch from a log file I sent them. I was trying to get the adapter to work with a 50KW Efacec charger here at my workplace since charging is on the house. No luck after the first firmware patch. I’ll see what happens after the next iteration.

I also went to my local EA station to do some more testing with the v126-1 that got pushed out. The 150 kw signet charger peaked at 48kw. I tried the 350 kw signet dispenser just for the heck of it. It works on the 350 kw unit but i got some pretty wild ramps. The power output kept bouncing up and down between 33 -76 kw. I was afraid of damaging my battery so I stopped it immediately. See attached picture. The charger rate number is blurry because it was changing so rapidly.View attachment 624523

Not sure what car you have, but if the Model 3/Y likely you will not be able to exceed 50KW with ANY adapter (only >50KW with supercharger) See earlier comments from Randy, the car limits to 126A.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: sdoorex
Attempted to charge at the Midland Electrify America station with my 2020 MYP 2020.48.30

Tried all four stalls and got a vehicle timeout error on the stall and a “charger not powered” message on the car.

I used the EA app, swipe to pay. Tried to prepay and pay after connecting.

I used the adapter to ccs and adapter to car and power on adapter connection method.

Adapter has v128 firmware installed.

The chargers are 150 & 350 ABB units.

I called EA tech support and the nice lady reset the charger. Same results.

0C40F425-AA1E-4CF9-9C57-DA8038270FF6.jpeg 758BAEE5-A740-40BB-96FB-0F2A34C04FA2.jpeg 9D54B98A-9B23-49F5-A59A-BD1D4E9DB32F.jpeg 890FBDE5-5216-479E-B51A-8E22984C1A41.jpeg

Figured it out - I had tried about 6 different cables and verified that they support data. However, you really have to shove it in there, at least with the cables I had. If you just plug it in like you would any other device, the green light lights up and it appears to be getting power, but, it didn't connect to the computer until I pressed it in hard and held it there for the duration of the firmware update.

Anyway, firmware is updated now... sadly I took a trip to the Supercharger yesterday so my battery is "full", but I'll try again soon.

No dice for me on 128 on EA and EVGo :(

I know in Canada there is Flo SmartDC, but I've never seen any in the US.
Flo is now in the USA. They have done a bunch of Level 2 "street lighting" applications in LA. Flo has hired reps in key states recently, and has launched their 50/100 KW DC chargers - so you may see them soon.

I Know the California Rep personally, PM me if you want their co-ordinates.

Attempted to charge at the Midland Electrify America station with my 2020 MYP 2020.48.30

Tried all four stalls and got a vehicle timeout error on the stall and a “charger not powered” message on the car.

I used the EA app, swipe to pay. Tried to prepay and pay after connecting.

I used the adapter to ccs and adapter to car and power on adapter connection method.

Adapter has v128 firmware installed.

The chargers are 150 & 350 ABB units.

I called EA tech support and the nice lady reset the charger. Same results.

View attachment 624618 View attachment 624619 View attachment 624620 View attachment 624621
If PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You (200 W. I-20, Midland, Texas, 79701, US at a Walmart) was the location, I see mixed reports there.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Thanks for your kind words.
I am sorry I don't understand what "how does point 3 interact with charging speed that needs to taper down when higher SOC?" means?
Can you tell me in a little easy way?

Your "point 3" was:
"3. Model 3's limit can be lifted by FW update, but actually it is not lifted but "forced". So forced current could disrupt the system.
I have tested about 8 months with the curreent-forcing FW, but I had no problem. However, if you want to use the current-forcing FW, it should be totally on your risk. (I'll share it here if it is permitted.)"

The car has a maximum charging amperage limit that depends on the state of charge, battery temperature etc.

I think they were asking whether forcing a higher amperage would exceed that amperage limit. They might be worried about damaging the battery.

• Love
Reactions: appleguru