Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When discussing each type of station, I then broke it out into those with CCS only, those with Chademo only, and those with both types, and thus was using "both" two different ways. And as mociaf9 also points out, 4,660 is the total number of Chademo plugs, not the number of Chamdeo sites--most are only one, but a few have two or more, so 3500ish Chademo sites have 4600ish Chademo plugs.
The database is not up to date with stations that are broken, and it obviously does not show whether a single station will be occupied when you want to use it.

I have no idea how typical Albuquerque is , but at least 4/6 CHAdeMO are broken. The overall state of affairs of CHAdeMO is at best caretaker mode but mostly Zombie mode. However, it is YMMV. E.g., the CHAdeMO recently installed by CEO in Colorado are presumably functional. The best advice I can give is to check each location you want to use with PlugShare. Assumptions will be punished.

Last edited:
The database is not up to date with stations that are broken, and it obviously does not show whether a single station will be occupied when you want to use it.

I have no idea how typical Albuquerque is , but at least 4/6 CHAdeMO are broken. The overall state of affairs of CHAdeMO is at best caretaker mode but mostly Zombie mode. However, it is YMMV. E.g., the CHAdeMO recently installed by CEO in Colorado are presumably functional. The best advice I can give is to check each location you want to use with PlugShare. Assumptions will be punished.
I definitely prefer using Plugshare over this database for trip planning and "is this station actually working" reliability purposes, but Plugshare doesn't have as good filtering by type of plug or total plug count (in theoretical full operational configuration) that the NREL database has--it only loads 250 stations at a time, so to load all 4,000 plus stations you'd have to zoom way in, zoom around to get everywhere with no more than 250 stations at a time in view, then zoon out nationally and get the total which is a giant pain.

I just came back from the Shell Recharge Station.

It works!
Some info:

The cabinetmaker is Tritium, the model is a Veefil, the app is Greenlots, and the provider is Shell. Confused yet? At least the throwback retro 7-segment LED displays look cool.

Pulled 42kW.

So now 5-0, I’d trust this enough to not also have to carry the CHAdeMO adapter at this point.

Attachments

• 12E340DB-AA63-4043-A017-F7C00FD9BAFB.jpeg
    12E340DB-AA63-4043-A017-F7C00FD9BAFB.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 7C222D0E-8BB1-4C94-B026-6F8DAFCAB10C.jpeg
    7C222D0E-8BB1-4C94-B026-6F8DAFCAB10C.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 86

It works!
Some info:

The cabinetmaker is Tritium, the model is a Veefil, the app is Greenlots, and the provider is Shell. Confused yet? At least the throwback retro 7-segment LED displays look cool.

Pulled 42kW.

So now 5-0, I’d trust this enough to not also have to carry the CHAdeMO adapter at this point.
Very nice. I have a Shell Station a few miles away too. I’ll give it a shot.

It works!
Some info:

Pulled 42kW.

Tritium and ChargePoint partner for fast charging across the US was from 2015. Even though ChargePoint doesn't seem to market them any more (in favor of their own units) like at Smart Charging Stations | ChargePoint, it seems like some of them are still being installed w/ChargePoint branding. Commercial EV Charging Stations - ChargePoint is a snapshot of that page from 2016. Tritium RT50 | 50kW All-in-One DC Fast Charger | is an Australian company.

The ChargePoint versions (https://www.chargepoint.com/files/datasheets/ds-cpe200.pdf) like at 10:45 of
have a dot-matrix display.

As for Greenlots and Shell, well, it's because of With its Greenlots acquisition, Shell is moving from gas stations to charging stations – TechCrunch.

Last edited:
So I summed up enough courage to try try again. Not going with the Frankenstein firmware this time. Efacec Greenlots stations did not work for me on v150, but it did not hurt the car. Has v150 been pretty much bulletproof for everyone?
So far for me it has been.

Can you take a pic of the charging cabinet? (Or find a pic on the web) It may be a maker I haven’t yet come across.

So far for me it has been.

Can you take a pic of the charging cabinet? (Or find a pic on the web) It may be a maker I haven’t yet come across.
Efacec has numerous styles. Here's one I found in MS: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You. Here's one in Nor Cal: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You.

You can find some more at https://electricmobility.efacec.com/# under Products and by Googling for plugshare efacec.

Efacec has numerous styles. Here's one I found in MS: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You. Here's one in Nor Cal: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You.

You can find some more at https://electricmobility.efacec.com/# under Products and by Googling for plugshare efacec.
Yeah it's been a crapshoot with Efacec. v141 worked for me on those. Guess I will have to downgrade. Below is the nameplate of the one I tried charging at.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 67