Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Support would be needed for the bottom than the top, as non-Tesla DC plugs are larger and heavier. I looked at the car to see if there’s a hole that plug would fit in, but nope! Nothing there.

74468580-AD52-4E71-869B-B4AAE57EBFE5.jpeg

One possibility is that may be a button, that would *know* if the adapter is removed from the car. It's pressed in when the adapter is inserted, and pops out when the adapter is removed. Just a guess.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Electrify America CCS Charging Failures with Setec Tesla CCS Adapter

Tesla firmware 2021.11.103 and Setec Tesla CCS Adapter with firmware V161-1.

First time using the Setec adapter and had three failures at two different Electrify America CCS chargers. Used the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter at the one CHAdeMO charger and had no problems.

Attached are pictures of the charger types NCM2 (CCS 1 + CCS 1) and NCC (CCS 1 + CHAdeMO).

Saved adapter capture data for the three failures and sent them to "[email protected]". Is there a better email address to send the data to?

Any thoughts and what would be my next step?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Cary_EA_Charger1.jpg
    Cary_EA_Charger1.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 57
  • Cary_EA_Charger2.jpg
    Cary_EA_Charger2.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Cary_EA_Charger3.jpg
    Cary_EA_Charger3.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Cary_EA_Charger4.jpg
    Cary_EA_Charger4.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 53
I am waiting for my Setec adapter to arrive some time today. More than a month ago I sold it on eBay, the buyer used it for a while then reported it broken because "it had not been working at some not-on-major-network station". Shipping it to him, paying for the return postage and eBay fee cost me about $150. Just for some random guy to try it for a month and return.
Anyway I will update it to 1.61-1 and test it at various locations around LA.
BTW, the fastest rate I saw on my Model 3 SR+ with the 1.50 firmware had been 49 kW at an Electrify America station. I kept the AC/heater off))

Last edited:
^^^
The above pic is incomplete and not quite accurate. It's missing a style of Signet.

These are definitely Signet (I've charged my Bolt) on these:

It's of the same style as Ferjy_Fangle's post.

I've never seen EA BTC Power w/the handles angled that way. The ones I've encountered look like these:

Reactions: voxel
Additional Failures at Electrify America and EVgo CCS Charging Stations with Setec Tesla CCS Adapter

Tesla firmware 2021.11.103 and Setec Tesla CCS Adapter with firmware V161-1, then tried V161 (no difference).

Using the Setec adapter had multiple failures at two different Electrify America CCS chargers and two failures at an EVgo charger CCS charger. Electrify America charger failures seemed to be timeouts and the EVgo charger failures were a "Proximity Error1".

Attached are pictures of the charger types and failure screen at the EVgo charger.

I have not been successful at charging with the Setec CCS Adapter and have heard nothing from Setec.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Raleigh_EVgo_Charger2.jpg
    Raleigh_EVgo_Charger2.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Raleigh_EVgo_Charger1.jpg
    Raleigh_EVgo_Charger1.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Raleigh_EA_Charger4.jpg
    Raleigh_EA_Charger4.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Raleigh_EA_Charger3.jpg
    Raleigh_EA_Charger3.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Raleigh_EA_Charger2.jpg
    Raleigh_EA_Charger2.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Raleigh_EA_Charger1.jpg
    Raleigh_EA_Charger1.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 43
  • Raleigh_EVgo_Charger3.jpg
    Raleigh_EVgo_Charger3.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and mociaf9
Additional Failures at Electrify America and EVgo CCS Charging Stations with Setec Tesla CCS Adapter

Tesla firmware 2021.11.103 and Setec Tesla CCS Adapter with firmware V161-1, then tried V161 (no difference).

Using the Setec adapter had multiple failures at two different Electrify America CCS chargers and two failures at an EVgo charger CCS charger. Electrify America charger failures seemed to be timeouts and the EVgo charger failures were a "Proximity Error1".

Attached are pictures of the charger types and failure screen at the EVgo charger.

I have not been successful at charging with the Setec CCS Adapter and have heard nothing from Setec.

Any thoughts?

For the first charger, I don't have Signet chargers in my area.

For the second (BTCPower) chargers, they were working at one time with the V145 firmware, which then stopped working reliably at V150. Then Tesla's firmware update prevented all CCS chargers from working. The first working Setec firmware after that, V161, was based off of the V150 firmware, which would make sense that it doesn't currently work with BTCPower chargers since V150 didn't either. I was hoping that V161-1 would have fixed this but guess not. It did work at one time, so likely there will eventually be a fix for these at least. I havn't had a chance since V161-1 to go to a BTC charger since the nearest one to me is about 300 km away.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
For the first charger, I don't have Signet chargers in my area.

For the second (BTCPower) chargers, they were working at one time with the V145 firmware, which then stopped working reliably at V150. Then Tesla's firmware update prevented all CCS chargers from working. The first working Setec firmware after that, V161, was based off of the V150 firmware, which would make sense that it doesn't currently work with BTCPower chargers since V150 didn't either. I was hoping that V161-1 would have fixed this but guess not. It did work at one time, so likely there will eventually be a fix for these at least. I havn't had a chance since V161-1 to go to a BTC charger since the nearest one to me is about 300 km away.
Thank you for your response. I least I know it is not just me having the failures.