Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Good evening!

I received my SETEC adapter this week and there is GM dealer that has CCS charger open for free public charging. Does anyone had use this kind of model before.
8CB4FF54-F86E-4B30-ACA8-6610247AFDAE.jpeg

Agree with what you are saying but Setec CANNOT send people here as Covid makes it impossible for the last 2 years. This is the situation, they told me this directly.
If they can't get their people over here to test they could get creative and ship a few free ones to people here in the US and Canada on the condition that they help test. Have the tester pay for shipping on the unit. Maybe even pay them a small fee for getting specific chargers they need data for... Get creative.

The chart shows NMC but Tesla use NCA. They may have similar low temp performance but something to note.

Heating LFP is definitely worth it if it takes 3kWh as mentioned above. It takes ~12 miles worth of energy to gain ~100 miles of usable range. I assume the range loss in the chart is temporary loss (snow icon) that gains back after warming up.

If they can't get their people over here to test they could get creative and ship a few free ones to people here in the US and Canada on the condition that they help test.
They've done that already. Look at CrazyPostman's YouTube videos.

Thanks for the video. Last question. For the CCS adapter. Do you connect it first in the car and after connect the cable?
From the video I watched you connect the adapter to the cable first because when you connect it to the car it engages the locking mechanism to prevent the cable getting unplugged while charging. They tried to connect the adapter to the car first but couldn't connect to the cable then because of the lock.

Reactions: Edulmartins
From the video I watched you connect the adapter to the cable first because when you connect it to the car it engages the locking mechanism to prevent the cable getting unplugged while charging. They tried to connect the adapter to the car first but couldn't connect to the cable then because of the lock.
Thanks for directions. It worked great.

Tomorrow I’ll test at work where my company installed 2 ChargePoint CCS Combo for the employees. 😀

Crazy postman is in Oklahoma. ;-)
Thanks. I could've sworn he was in Canada.. maybe I watched a video when he was up there testing or I'm thinking about a different person I watched on YouTube.

EDIT: Found his latest video out on a test at a new station. Yep, this is the same guy I was thinking about. This test was a fail though.... Not even a handshake given on the capture software so maybe not the adapter's fault?

Last edited:
I could've sworn he was in Canada.. maybe I watched a video when he was up there testing or I'm thinking about a different person I watched on YouTube.
I've seen multiple YouTube videos on the Setec adapter from users in Canada. I get the impression that this adapter, like Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter, is popular there because Tesla's Supercharger network still has some big gaps there -- although fewer gaps than existed two or three years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight