Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI I have a 2020 AWD model 3 and still it does not have the needed chip for Tesla's new CCS1 adapter, I think most of us will need to pay for a retro fit, i would stick with chademo or Setec CCS1 adapter at this point (sadly chademo is no longer in the online store)
260424589_10159763554602154_6945041481562018158_n.jpg

FYI I have a 2020 AWD model 3 and still it does not have the needed chip for Tesla's new CCS1 adapter, I think most of us will need to pay for a retro fit, i would stick with chademo or Setec CCS1 adapter at this point (sadly chademo is no longer in the online store)
When was your Model 3 built? Was it an early 2020? (Like built in October of 2019?) You can check the sticker in the driver's door jamb for the month/year it was built.

In any case I think the Tesla CCS adapter, with retrofit, will likely cost the same, or less, than the SETEC adapter, and will work more reliably. It is just a matter of when Tesla makes it available.

When was your Model 3 built? Was it an early 2020? (Like built in October of 2019?) You can check the sticker in the driver's door jamb for the month/year it was built.

In any case I think the Tesla CCS adapter, with retrofit, will likely cost the same, or less, than the SETEC adapter, and will work more reliably. It is just a matter of when Tesla makes it available.
Still will not be an option for older MS MX in the near future.

Still will not be an option for older MS MX in the near future.
Why? You don't think that the retro-fit they developed, and are selling, for European S&X vehicles could be installed in North American S&Xs? (It is a box that goes inline with the charge port to handle the CCS communication.)

Edit: I guess maybe the adapter won't fit properly since it uses the little peg that sticks out and has to push against the car to lock the CCS cable to the adapter. So it might be possible that a different physical adapter will be necessary.

Reactions: cwerdna