Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting 100% charge at exact time, to leave right away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering if there is any options for the Tesla to reach 100% at a specific time, like a time you plan on leaving your home / starting point. With the wall connector, I always have more than enough time to get a full charge since lowest rate starts at 9pm. But if I set it to 100 percent charge and do it during the night, it may get to 100 percent like at 1-3am and then I may leave my home around 10am-12pm to do a long road trip from CA to Las Vegas. Since Tesla advises to not fully charge the car all the time if you don't need it, only for roadtrips.

Is there a way to set the 100% charge to finish at an exact time so you can leave right away when its done charging at 100%. Or at least be able to leave 1-2 hours after its full 100% charge may be better than letting it sit at 100% for over 6 hours when it was done charging at 3am.

If I really want to do that 100 percent charge to leave right away. When I wake up (if I remember), the car will be at 90%, then I set it to charge to 100% and it usually states 1 hour to do that 10% charge from 90 to 100%. I likely will leave within 1-2 hours of waking up, so that's the best way for me to do it. Or just simply set it to 100% before going to bed and just not care because I don't do this very often.

S
I'm just wondering if there is any options for the Tesla to reach 100% at a specific time, like a time you plan on leaving your home / starting point. With the wall connector, I always have more than enough time to get a full charge since lowest rate starts at 9pm. But if I set it to 100 percent charge and do it during the night, it may get to 100 percent like at 1-3am and then I may leave my home around 10am-12pm to do a long road trip from CA to Las Vegas. Since Tesla advises to not fully charge the car all the time if you don't need it, only for roadtrips.

Is there a way to set the 100% charge to finish at an exact time so you can leave right away when its done charging at 100%. Or at least be able to leave 1-2 hours after its full 100% charge may be better than letting it sit at 100% for over 6 hours when it was done charging at 3am.

If I really want to do that 100 percent charge to leave right away. When I wake up (if I remember), the car will be at 90%, then I set it to charge to 100% and it usually states 1 hour to do that 10% charge from 90 to 100%. I likely will leave within 1-2 hours of waking up, so that's the best way for me to do it. Or just simply set it to 100% before going to bed and just not care because I don't do this very often.
Just set it for 100% and it will turn off once it reaches your desired charge.

Reactions: calidreamz808