Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting max cruise control to actual speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sorry for dragging up an old thread but I've not long had my Model 3, which I absolutely love by the way, but this seems so unintuitive to use I thought I would do a forum search to see if there was something I was missing or something wrong.

I have long stretches of motorway close to me being 'ungraded' to smart motorways, with a reduced speed limit of 50mph, but the screen shows the normal limit of 70mph. I was doing 50 so thought I'd set cruise and off I shot. I would have thought that setting cruise is a reaction to being comfortable with the speed you are doing, rather than a command to go faster....I have a throttle pedal for that.

I assume this is a feature which is here to stay? For me it doesn't work in a very natural way and is very different to pretty well every other car for no apparent benefit.

So sorry for dragging up an old thread but I've not long had my Model 3, which I absolutely love by the way, but this seems so unintuitive to use I thought I would do a forum search to see if there was something I was missing or something wrong.

I have long stretches of motorway close to me being 'ungraded' to smart motorways, with a reduced speed limit of 50mph, but the screen shows the normal limit of 70mph. I was doing 50 so thought I'd set cruise and off I shot. I would have thought that setting cruise is a reaction to being comfortable with the speed you are doing, rather than a command to go faster....I have a throttle pedal for that.

I assume this is a feature which is here to stay? For me it doesn't work in a very natural way and is very different to pretty well every other car for no apparent benefit.

This only happens if there's no speed in maps for the road you're driving on. In theory, you can add it yourself in OpenStreetMap.org.