Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ran Buttonwillow for a personal best at 1:57.3. That was the last session of the day! I'm a close second to the Tesla street record by 1.5secs. I'll have another go in December at Tesla Corsa with more upgrades to come!

My car setup:
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance on Track Mode v2

Brakes:
- Unplugged Front BFB Kit Carbon Ceramic & Rotors 6-Piston Monoblock Calipers.
- Unplugged Steel braided lines
- Unplugged The BFB Kit Superlight Carbon Ceramic and 6 piston calipers.
- Motul RBF 660

Suspension:
- Unplugged Race Spec Coilovers
- Unplugged Sway Bars
- Unplugged Front Upper Control Arms
- Unplugged Front + Rear Toe Arms

Body Work:
- Unplugged Front Ascension Bumper
- Unplugged Carbon Wide Body Fenders
- Unplugged Efficiency Spoiler

Interior:
- Unplugged Half Cage
- Unplugged 4 point X Willans Harness
- Unplugged Carbon Race Seat

Wheels:
- Unplugged Race Spec 18x10.5 (Squared)
- Yokohama Advan A052 315/30/r18

Very nice run, I hope to test out my new setup at Buttonwillow with Corsa as well. I made it as low as 2:07 with a stock car, Stock tires upgraded fluid and pads. Coming around that right hand sweeper before Phil Hill the rear started to get unstable about 85 mph.

Hoping now with the additional camber, tires, control arm bushings and MPP coilovers I will be significantly faster.

You lost quite a lot of time because of that. Keep it track mode for 5 minutes before run to let it cool below ambient. Use tires that warm up fast.
Thank you for your input. I am very aware of the threshold and pre-conditioning process. This time attack start line was 1.5 miles in at phil hill. I know I pushed a little too hard prior to start but I also know I didnt loose much time. Power felt consitant and speed was on par throuout the whole run. A couple more turns longer and I would have felt power loss.

Very nice run, I hope to test out my new setup at Buttonwillow with Corsa as well. I made it as low as 2:07 with a stock car, Stock tires upgraded fluid and pads. Coming around that right hand sweeper before Phil Hill the rear started to get unstable about 85 mph.

Hoping now with the additional camber, tires, control arm bushings and MPP coilovers I will be significantly faster.

That's a huge upgrade list from stock! I have no doubt you will get better times! Looking forward to seeing your results.

Reactions: Vines
That's a huge upgrade list from stock! I have no doubt you will get better times! Looking forward to seeing your results.

Thanks, I am focused on having fun, going faster just happens to come along with that.

Just the tires and 1 previous track day was good enough for a 1:47 at Laguna on my 2nd track day there ever. I am really a fan of the Federal RS-PRO. I found 4 of them on ebay for $600 total in 275/35-18 Great smooth breakaway on them, great life, just noisy. I am resisting anything really sticky for now, just focusing on getting comfortable with the car, keeping expenses low and having fun.

Was tough to watch last event with NCRC the first car, first lap was a Model 3. They came around the turn 4 and had some tail out, tried to correct, overcorrected and shot across track and nosed right into the concrete wall at about 40-50 mph.

Its been installed for 3 days and I am super impressed with the suspension. Its totally smooth and almost not noticeable that its been upgraded until you hit a speed bump or really rough patch. Its firm but allows a good bit of wheel movement.

Thanks, I am focused on having fun, going faster just happens to come along with that.

Just the tires and 1 previous track day was good enough for a 1:47 at Laguna on my 2nd track day there ever. I am really a fan of the Federal RS-PRO. I found 4 of them on ebay for $600 total in 275/35-18 Great smooth breakaway on them, great life, just noisy. I am resisting anything really sticky for now, just focusing on getting comfortable with the car, keeping expenses low and having fun.

Was tough to watch last event with NCRC the first car, first lap was a Model 3. They came around the turn 4 and had some tail out, tried to correct, overcorrected and shot across track and nosed right into the concrete wall at about 40-50 mph.

It's been installed for 3 days and I am super impressed with the suspension. Its totally smooth and almost not noticeable that its been upgraded until you hit a speed bump or really rough patch. Its firm but allows a good bit of wheel movement.
It is great seeing more people get involved. I like how you're not pushin too hard and getting comfortable with the car. Definitely the best way to do it. I installed parts in increments so I can understand every upgrade and know the difference of feel. It's really helped my knowledge of the car, as well as my consistent progression on track.

It is great seeing more people get involved. I like how you're not pushin too hard and getting comfortable with the car. Definitely the best way to do it. I installed parts in increments so I can understand every upgrade and know the difference of feel. It's really helped my knowledge of the car, as well as my consistent progression on track.

Agreed, as the old dogs say you have to go slower before you can go faster. I am still finding myself over braking, then trying to make up for it with go pedal. I am overdriving it, and only calm down about when the car gets power down with heat soak. I need to think like its about 300 hp and carry more momentum.

Love this thread. You two keep it alive. Hopefully one day I will track again but kids, mortgage but that on the back burner for now.
Good luck and I love the quote “I’m just having fun and faster times just happen”

Reviving this thread.....I am a track junkie and love to see you guys having fun with the Tesla on track....kudos!

For me, the M3P would be too hard on consumables, but I track quite often. My weapons of choice are more on the light side ;) .........
211-front chased by P-car.jpg

front-side-close copy-adjust.jpg