Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting time for precondition schedule glitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest phone update (android) on the phone app has a way to set time for charging or precondition schedule, but when I try to set a time, it keeps reverting back to 4:45 PM. anyone else having this problem?

Yes, mine just started that too last night and this morning (but set with a different time).

ETA: Just went into it again and it seems fine.

Android
App 4.3.0
Car 2021.36.5.8

With both schedule departure and schedule charge time
The set the time reverts back to 12:00AM on the app
when I try to set it

for me It will only accept 15 minute intervals, it will only accept 0, 15, 30, 45 minutes
If I choose anything else it jumps to the nearest 15 minute interval
I can't set 8:20 pm it jumps back to 8:15pm
8:10 jumps to 8:15, 8:20 jumps back to 8:15, 8:25 jumps to 8:30 and so on

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffnReno
Android
App 4.3.0
Car 2021.36.5.8

With both schedule departure and schedule charge time
The set the time reverts back to 12:00AM on the app
when I try to set it

for me It will only accept 15 minute intervals, it will only accept 0, 15, 30, 45 minutes
If I choose anything else it jumps to the nearest 15 minute interval
I can't set 8:20 pm it jumps back to 8:15pm
8:10 jumps to 8:15, 8:20 jumps back to 8:15, 8:25 jumps to 8:30 and so on
Before this problem started, I always started my scheduled time at 11 pm. My Time of Use rates for EV charging where I live is between 10 pm to 6 am. I find that 11 pm usually would charge to the level I desired when starting by 11 pm but it won't allow me to change it off of 12 am. That will be fine for most days but there are those times it won't.

Seems to be fixed for me now
Android App 4.3.0-766
Car 2021.40.6

I have schedule charge time already set in the car, the Tesla app schedule charge time was showing 12:00AM and
reverting to 12:00AM if I tried to change the schedule charge start time via the app

After updating to my car 2021.40.6 the App was still showing 12:00A

I turned scheduled charge off and on via the app, once I did that the Tesla app schedule charge time changed to
the same time as set in the car.

Now I can change schedule charge time via the app and it changes on both the car and Tesla app
and the app has stopped reverting to 12:00AM

• Informative
The latest phone update (android) on the phone app has a way to set time for charging or precondition schedule, but when I try to set a time, it keeps reverting back to 4:45 PM. anyone else having this problem?
I just switched from android (10 year used) to iphone, but on my note 10+ the android app was atrocious. SO many issues. Anything to type I had to do 1 letter, wait a second, then another and so on because if I didn't it would autocorrect the word and then spam it 4 times(pain in the ass when road side refused to call me). Couldn't set schedules because time would roll back every time I changed it. Couldn't use phone key if my phone was on wifi so I would have to disconnect from wifi anytime I wanted to control my car. Sometimes not on wifi my phone would not connect to the car until I force closed the app and then reopened it (this even happened multiple times when I picked it up from the dealer). It was way behind feature-wise from iphone (was updated to newest I could get). Since I switched to iPhone, the ONLY issue I have had is sometimes I have to try the door handle 2 or 3 times before the car sees my phone to open, and 1 time it unlocked and let me in but wouldn't let me "start" the car until I restarted the app.

My Tesla phone app (on Samsung Flip 3) Schedule Departure kept reverting to previous time. Updated phone app to 4.4.1-864 and problem appears to be resolved. I do wish we could set departure for "One Instance" instead of "Week Days". I'm not eager to add another app to my phone, altho OptiWatt looks like it may be worth it.

I believe there may be a basic design problem with the scheduling function. Well, maybe a few, but some are implementation problems.

I believe it is location dependent, which is dumb. It seems like you can only set, change, or cancel a time for the current location. So, if you only schedule charging or departure from your home, you're OK unless you live some place that has street parking so your location changes. I'm not sure how close you need to be.

But I usually schedule battery conditioning for the afternoon after work. Well, many people park in the street or different lots. My wife parks in one lot during the week, but she works on Saturday when that lot is closed. So, the normal schedule didn't work because the location was different. And since the car is not going to be in that lot until next week, I need to remember to change it in a week while it's parked at that lot.

Also, there's no way to even see what locations are set. Does it just keep saving more and more until it runs out of memory? It seems like the sensible solution is a simple calendar, with perhaps an option to use location as a condition.

I recall having a similar issue on iPhone. The design is confusing, to say the least. I think there was a dependency between the scheduled time (for scheduled charging) and departure time. I could not change the departure time but when I changed the scheduled time (even though I did not use it) I was able to change the departure time.
Honestly, the design was so confusing that I decided not to use departure time.