Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting up Homelink after MCU2 Upgrade ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 P85D that was recently upgraded to MCU2 (due to a crash) at the same time as we moved to a new house. The last time I programmed (5 years ago?) it began the process and told me to stand in front of the car and press/hold the garage remote button until the headlights flashed. Now it says to just press continue if the opener is QuickTrain compatible or put the opener in learning mode and press continue. No mention of standing in front w/ the remote.

I've tried both of these several times without it ever learning anything - it sits on 'Training…' forever (over 5 minutes each attempt). On one attempt after putting the opener in learn mode and pressing 'continue' I tried standing in front of the car and pressing the remote button but that didn't work either.

Any thoughts on this? Because it's older and presumably still has an older Homelink Xceiver does it still need me pressing the remote button and just doesn't say? Or would the MCU2 upgrade have changed it so that is no longer necessary? (BTW, the opener is a Liftmaster 8550WLB, no mention of it being QuickTrain compatible which surprises me).

IMG_8064.jpeg

Thanks,

I did the MCU2 upgrade on my mid-2016 MS90D back in December. It's been long enough ago that I don't recall the exact sequence of steps, but I recall I did need to do the hold a transmitter in front of the car and press the button. I recall it was a bit fickle and took trying several times for each of our 3 garage doors before I got them all configured correctly.

Sorry can't provide more specifics on the sequence of steps, but I've slept a few times since I did this about 8 months ago!

Good luck!

It seems that the prompt on your screen is referring to the receiver in your garage, not the transmitter you hold in front of the front emblem. What happens when you get to that screen and press the learn button (usually purple) on the garage door opener?