Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings for sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to take a nap in my car recently and wanted to find the best settings which will reserve the most energy while I sleep. I already have a driver profile called "Sleep", which moves the chair rearward to create more legroom. It also flattens the back and tilt the steering wheel up a bit. That's all driver profile can do, but I didn't stop there. Here's what I also did:

- Disable both gadgets in the dashboard.
- Folded side-mirrors.
- Locked the car.
- Change heated seat to max level.
- Lowered the brightness of the 17" display, then put it in cleaning mode.

I'm not sure what's the best settings for A/C. I just set the fan speed to 2 and everything else Auto.

Is there anything else could be done?

- Disable both gadgets in the dashboard.
- Folded side-mirrors.
- Locked the car.
- Change heated seat to max level.
- Lowered the brightness of the 17" display, then put it in cleaning mode.

I'm not sure what's the best settings for A/C. I just set the fan speed to 2 and everything else Auto.

Is there anything else could be done?
I hope you don't believe that most of those have any bearing on "reserving the most energy"... sure, for your comfort, but the only things there that affect energy use are the increased use on the seat, and the effectively imperceptible change in power consumption by the lower brightness of the 17"

If you really want to use less energy as you stated, the only relevant things are turn down the temperature and put on a blanket (maybe use more seat heater and less cabin heat)
All the rest is comfort, not power use.

To answer my own question, actually Bjorn has this topic covered:
Bjørns Tesla Model S #7: Sleeping in The Car - YouTube

What he does in order to prevent the HVAC from shutting down after 30 minutes, is to put the car in N gear instead of Park, then engage the Parking break manually.

I call this drive-in mode. Note that you can't also charge in this configuration. If you want to charge and also keep the HVAC on, the remote S iOS app has a camp mode which sends HVAC off and on commands every 30 minutes.