Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings not saving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Y for 2 weeks now and have been adjusting the various settings. My changes keep reverenting back to previous settings. I have been turning on the exclude home for lock on walk away and see the saving message at the top but after awhile it keeps reverting back to off. Some other settings have done the same. Possibly some of the resets were caused by software upgrades or HomeLink install but I have observed it reverting after all that. Has anyone else observed this?

I've also been having various settings not saving. Temperature settings is most notable. Also Easy access changes don't seem to change unless I delete the profile and then re-check the button to use easy access.

I keep having set things like cruise control follow distance... all sorts of settings seem different when I go through them.... not sure why they keep changing.
I think all the changes my be linked to driver profile. I made sure my name showed up in driver profile and then made the changes. So far they are holding.

My settings are also not saving, most notably the driver's seat. I had it set a bit too reclined and every time I get in, I raise it a bit, hit "save" under my profile name (and yes, my name is up). Next time I get in the car the seat is reclined too much again. Delete and create new profile?

I'm having the same issue with my S. Some settings stick and others don't. I've been hoping it's MMC related and the recall will solve the problem, but if it's happening with new Ys as well, maybe I'm doing something wrong (or there's a bug - though usually it's not a bug)

I have my Y for 2 weeks now and have been adjusting the various settings. My changes keep reverenting back to previous settings. I have been turning on the exclude home for lock on walk away and see the saving message at the top but after awhile it keeps reverting back to off. Some other settings have done the same. Possibly some of the resets were caused by software upgrades or HomeLink install but I have observed it reverting after all that. Has anyone else observed this?
I have had settings not save as well. Joe Mode toggling off as well as lock on walk away. Lock sound setting has also reverted back to default. I am finding this rather frustrating. I am going to try doing one setting change at a time to see if that makes a difference. That should have no bearing on weather or not a setting saves, it indicates "saving" so why would setting revert to default? Tesla tech needs to look into this COMMON problem.

In my case, that particular problem was pure user error: the car would automatically switch to the easy entry/exit profile when I got home, and I would change settings either at home or out, and they'd save to different places. That said, I'm having some _other_ weird issues with random reboots and flickering screens for which Tesla is replacing my eMMC module. So who knows? Multi variable problems are hard to pin down.

Reactions: cancoi