TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Settings of car while tinting

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by NoVIN4Me, Apr 27, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

Going to take my car to tint next week---what setting should
    I use beside valet mode?

I have heard stories that some doors got misaligned or refuse to latch after long period of tinting--how do I prevent this from happening?

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I think my detailers (Appearance Solutions) ended up turning off the auto presenting doors as I forgot to. When I got the car back I had to turn it back on. Other than that nothing else seemed to be an issue. Perhaps they turned it off when they did the work. I don't know. But the car was fully functional when I got it back. The only issue I had was that during its time away I would check periodically with the app and see the frunk was open but then it would close and open a few seconds later. Not sure if that was just the app reporting wrong or what. I put on an update the day I got it back and never saw that behavior again.

3. rsampsonjr

rsampsonjr Member

My auto present was off, but my windows no longer work correctly after tinting. They pop out over the chrome on the passenger side, and on the driver side I cannot get the window all the way up. While they were tinting it the windows would go up and down on their own. I also noticed that while they were tinting it the app showed the front doors closed and the falcon wing doors open, but the opposite was true. I am going to schedule a service center visit to fix the windows. Worse part is that the window action has messed up some of the tint, so I will have to do it again.

4. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

Was it in valet mode? How can the trunk be opened in valet?

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I'm so reluctant to tint my front windows after hearing this. Has anyone contacted tesla service to see what exactly needs to be done? Not sure in FL if there are any shops experienced with an X as of yet.

6. cclaygo

cclaygo Member

Your windows may be messed up afterwards, but just bring them all the way down and back up a few times and they'll be fixed. Other than that zero issues.

• Informative x 1
  7. tonyx

tonyx Member

This is correct, my driver side window was going up over the trim by a full inch when I got the car back, you can re-calibrate on your own, see Wiki here: Model X Reset Techniques

I actually used a different process to re-calibrate, but the Wiki method is simpler. Here's mine: Window Tinting Awareness

• Like x 1
  8. Sean So Lowe

Sean So Lowe Member

A video would be great for all of these as well.

9. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

My windows were just tinted and I have zero issues with them. Perhaps the did the calibration after tiniting. Either way, they should know how to deal with a Tesla when they take the job...

10. ModelIII

ModelIII Member

Google the front window reset procedure. It is not a difficult procedure.

Same thing happened when my MX windows were tinted.

With the door open I manually set the window about a half inch below the top of the frame and closed it. Did that twice and it was back to normal.

Window stops are electronic not mechanical!