Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings of car while tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my detailers (Appearance Solutions) ended up turning off the auto presenting doors as I forgot to. When I got the car back I had to turn it back on. Other than that nothing else seemed to be an issue. Perhaps they turned it off when they did the work. I don't know. But the car was fully functional when I got it back. The only issue I had was that during its time away I would check periodically with the app and see the frunk was open but then it would close and open a few seconds later. Not sure if that was just the app reporting wrong or what. I put on an update the day I got it back and never saw that behavior again.

My auto present was off, but my windows no longer work correctly after tinting. They pop out over the chrome on the passenger side, and on the driver side I cannot get the window all the way up. While they were tinting it the windows would go up and down on their own. I also noticed that while they were tinting it the app showed the front doors closed and the falcon wing doors open, but the opposite was true. I am going to schedule a service center visit to fix the windows. Worse part is that the window action has messed up some of the tint, so I will have to do it again.

Your windows may be messed up afterwards, but just bring them all the way down and back up a few times and they'll be fixed. Other than that zero issues.

This is correct, my driver side window was going up over the trim by a full inch when I got the car back, you can re-calibrate on your own, see Wiki here: Model X Reset Techniques

I actually used a different process to re-calibrate, but the Wiki method is simpler. Here's mine: Window Tinting Awareness

Reactions: NoVIN4Me
Google the front window reset procedure. It is not a difficult procedure.

Same thing happened when my MX windows were tinted.

With the door open I manually set the window about a half inch below the top of the frame and closed it. Did that twice and it was back to normal.

Window stops are electronic not mechanical!