Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings Reset After 2022.44.25.5 Update - Unenrolled from FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was enrolled in FSD beta on 2022.36.20 before I left for holiday vacation, and when I got back yesterday I had 2022.44.25.5 waiting to install - unfortunately when the update completed, my M3 seemed to be factory reset - all profiles and settings etc. gone. My cloud profile eventually synced and my settings returned, however it seems like the reset also wiped out my FSD Beta enrollment, and I have the button to opt-in to the queue for FSD again.

I opted back in yesterday hoping it would be re-enrolled overnight, but as of today I’m still stuck back in the queue. Does anyone have any tricks/advice on how to get back into the beta? Super frustrating, especially considering my FSD subscription renewed yesterday and it’s basically useless… Thanks in advance!

2022.44.25.5 is FSD Beta version 10.69.25 (the Holiday update for FSD Beta). Perhaps you just need to go into your settings to be sure the FSD Beta options are turned on? If that doesn't work, you could try re-installing the software via the Service Screen.

I'm on 2022.44.25.5 right now and have full FSD Beta functionality.

2022.44.25.5 is FSD Beta version 10.69.25 (the Holiday update for FSD Beta). Perhaps you just need to go into your settings to be sure the FSD Beta options are turned on? If that doesn't work, you could try re-installing the software via the Service Screen.

I'm on 2022.44.25.5 right now and have full FSD Beta functionality.
Yeah I was already in FSD beta on 2022.36.20 - the problem is the update to 2022.44.25.5 reset all my settings and the car now thinks it’s unenrolled, so it’s weirdly on the FSD beta build, but not enrolled. I just did an MCU restart to see if that would fix it and it doesn’t seem like it did, but reinstall via Service is a good idea, I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

I had this happen yesterday with the 2022.44.30.5 update on my Model 3. This was my 41st update with this car and I hadn’t heard of this happening before.

Things the car remembered:
  • It stayed connected to my Tesla account
  • BT connections
  • Wifi connections
Things the car forgot:
  • Local driver profiles. Therefore,
    • All settings
    • Navigation history and favorites
    • Media favorites
    • Trip meters- This one really pisses me off because I lost my ‘Lifetime’ trip meter with the car, tracking its lifetime efficiency with my ownership.
      • I use TeslaMate and log data externally but I still like to use this trip meter in my Teslas.
    • HomeLink and MyQ connections
  • And like others experience, the car was on an FSD beta build but the option to enable FSD or opt in/out was nowhere to be found, the car had become unenrolled in a sense.
  • Where it was located (until I drove it), it thought it was at Tesla’s Palo Alto office. I had TeslaMate running, so now in my data it looks like my car teleported from FL to CA and back. 🤦‍♂️
After a reinstall via service menu, a drive (not sure if required), and a reboot, I could re-enable FSD like @cowleggies said. Thanks!

I had this happen yesterday with the 2022.44.30.5 update on my Model 3. This was my 41st update with this car and I hadn’t heard of this happening before.

• BT connections
  • Wifi connections
Things the car forgot:
    • All settings
    • Media favorites
    • Trip meters- This one really pisses me off because I lost my ‘Lifetime’ trip meter with the car, tracking its lifetime efficiency with my ownership.
      • I use TeslaMate and log data externally but I still like to use this trip meter in my Teslas.
  • And like others experience, the car was on an FSD beta build but the option to enable FSD or opt in/out was nowhere to be found, the car had become unenrolled in a sense.
  • Where it was located (until I drove it), it thought it was at Tesla’s Palo Alto office. I had TeslaMate running, so now in my data it looks like my car teleported from FL to CA and back. 🤦‍♂️
After a reinstall via service menu, a drive (not sure if required), and a reboot, I could re-enable FSD like @cowleggies said. Thanks!
Same with me. Pain in the .....!!!

Where is the local profile and how do you copy it to the Tesla profile?
Local profile is just called by the name you gave it.
The Tesla profile is usually the email address (or name) on the account of the phone you use as the key.
Tapping on that will give you the option to copy from a local profile.
I use an iPhone and it copied the phone profile picture to the car as well :)

Jumping in here looking for help. I am having a similar issue that happened after I rebooted after not having mobile app communication with the car. After the reboot everything was reset back to default and I have no FSD Beta anymore. I used the service mode reinstall and still nothing. All my profiles are gone also. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I was enrolled in FSD beta on 2022.36.20 before I left for holiday vacation, and when I got back yesterday I had 2022.44.25.5 waiting to install - unfortunately when the update completed, my M3 seemed to be factory reset - all profiles and settings etc. gone. My cloud profile eventually synced and my settings returned, however it seems like the reset also wiped out my FSD Beta enrollment, and I have the button to opt-in to the queue for FSD again.

I opted back in yesterday hoping it would be re-enrolled overnight, but as of today I’m still stuck back in the queue. Does anyone have any tricks/advice on how to get back into the beta? Super frustrating, especially considering my FSD subscription renewed yesterday and it’s basically useless… Thanks in advance!
(2018 Model 3 LR) after 2022.44.25 was installed, I had the same issue including all my user settings were also set the the factory default values. It occurred the morning that I left for a 1,000 mile road trip. Never figured out the correct settings until I had returned from the trip (correct settings control > Autopilot > Full Self-Driving (Beta).

Note; need to insure I was in my "personal" profile" when I make the settings since the changes made while in the "Easy Entry" do not transfer to your personal profile. For days it seemed as if the car was forgetting the settings, but it's likely that I was in the wrong profile.

This finally worked for me too! I had lost FSD after the latest update but reinstalling via the Service Mode AND rebooting brought FSD back. Thanks TMC forum!
after re-install, and after you opt out of FSD, then reboot thru 2 scroll wheel hold, you then opt back in to fsd beta right? did you have to boot again after that? software update just stays at this morning and can't seem to get it to try to look again.

• BT connections
  • Wifi connections
Things the car forgot:
    • All settings
    • Media favorites
Did you profiles come back or were they gone forever? I had something similar happen today

OK I need some advice. I went into the Service Menu and was going to do a Software Reinstall as I read above but there is a note on the Reinstall page not to do if after a Car Computer Install only after a MCU swap out and maybe one more action. I had the Car Computer replaced 3 weeks ago and have not had my FSD Beta back up since then. It says I am enrolled in Beta and from what I read the next firmware update may update FSD back in.

My thought is the "don't do after the car computer replacement" is for the initial software loaded on to the new computer and doing a reinstall now will be ok.

Any thoughts on if ok or not to reinstall. I have had Beta since Oct 2021 and miss it.

The Tesla app shows 2022.44.30.2 as the version, which I see from use stats is only on 13 cars and I don't think is listed as a Beta Version.

OK I need some advice. I went into the Service Menu and was going to do a Software Reinstall as I read above but there is a note on the Reinstall page not to do if after a Car Computer Install only after a MCU swap out and maybe one more action. I had the Car Computer replaced 3 weeks ago and have not had my FSD Beta back up since then. It says I am enrolled in Beta and from what I read the next firmware update may update FSD back in.

My thought is the "don't do after the car computer replacement" is for the initial software loaded on to the new computer and doing a reinstall now will be ok.

Any thoughts on if ok or not to reinstall. I have had Beta since Oct 2021 and miss it.

The Tesla app shows 2022.44.30.2 as the version, which I see from use stats is only on 13 cars and I don't think is listed as a Beta Version.
I think I'm in the same boat you were in a few weeks ago. Did it get resolved for you? I'm also on 2022.44.30.2 after getting the computer replaced and wondering if I simply have to wait or if there's something I can do.

Thanks.