Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setup a $1000 Referral Discount Code Website....usefull?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just setup a test website where people can subscribe (for free) and submit their $1000 referral codes.

The site could be a standard place to go, where people who aren't owners yet can get the $1000 deal, and help existing owners get their points up.

The concept of post-by-post submissions on here or any Tesla public spot may be frowned upon, but how do you feel about having a central spot where current and active codes can be made public - forever? And monitored / updated daily so there are no dead/expired codes ?

Just an idea....this way we can all have our codes in one place and maybe get that Tesla Wall :)

I did see one place where it is randomized, but that doesn't appear on google, and most people will google 'tesla discount' or 'tesla coupon'. So a searchable site appearing on Google with active current data, which is responsive, and on first page, should help new owners get the deal - and existing owners get the points.

Good? Bad?

Have you tried googling 'tesla discount' or 'tesla coupon'?

How are you going to get "on first page", with dozens-to-hundreds of other 'tesla referral discount' sites already doing the exact same thing, for almost two years already?

You just registered these four domains two days ago: discountedtesla.com tesladiscounts.com teslareferraldiscount.com teslareferralcredit.com -- How are you going to get them to rise above the chaf of the hundreds of other Tesla sites already ranked by Google?

Also, this phrasing sounds really suspicious:
  • Click This Link for the Number 1 Discount Code 2017
  • john4524 is currently the BEST ranked Code.
What does "Number 1 Discount Code" and "BEST ranked code" mean?

If you're going through all this trouble to buy four domains and host this website, why wouldn't you just promote your own code? Or maybe once your site starts to gain traffic, just dump everyone else's code and only use your own?

The Random Referral website works very simply and doesn't appear to have an ulterior motive. Sorry, but I'm just not sure your proposal passes the 'sniff test'.

** I am not affiliated with the Random Referral site.

TY for detailed reply.
Like I said I set it up as a test only.........
First page is easy for me, we have several front page sites already (lots of backend work by my IT team and years of experience). Existing pages are poorly ranked, hardly visible, have antiquated codes and are 'hidden' so an up-front site with current and accurate data would be better.
The skeleton site I setup is just that (like I said) a testing ground......I have not attempted to market it, complete it, setup any real systems, just a plain front page with awful graphics and content merely setup as placeholders.
The phrasing yo refer to is not suspicious LOL, suspicious of what??
The phrasing is merely written as a test, like I said, you need to be less literal when I am asking a community of people what the overall concept appeal could be :)
I have added my personal code to this page for the test/setup/placeholder but all peoples' names would be listed there with expiry dates.
If I make a site and add my data to promote it, that is perfectly OK, I am not doing that, though. I find that your response seems a little cloak and dagger, borderline suspicious actually, when all I am suggesting is a central one-stop-shop where people can get accurate and current data. If my code appears there, thats fine too.
If you have a code, subscribe to the site and watch it appear.......
:)

First page is easy for me, we have several front page sites already (lots of backend work by my IT team and years of experience).

I'm not sure I get it. Just because you already have front page sites, that means this site will automatically go to the top of the Google results?

Existing pages are poorly ranked, hardly visible, have antiquated codes and are 'hidden' .

All these "existing pages" are already on the first page of google results, and second page, and third page... What does "hardly visible" mean? Antiquated codes? And what does "hidden" mean? These are all vague words that have no meaning.

All the dedicated Tesla Referral sites listed on the first few pages of google do work, have valid codes, and are actively maintained by their owners.

so an up-front site with current and accurate data would be better.

Like I asked, have you tried googling "tesla discount" or "tesle coupon"? Not only are there dozens of "first page sites" whose codes all work, but there are several people paying google for top AdWords placement. Additionally, there are dozens of large and popular generic "coupon" sites (also "first page") listed that are swamped with Tesla referral codes.

How are you going to get to "the first page" with no traffic and the same content all these other pages have? If you're paying for placement, it seems strange that you'd be promoting everyone else's code as well.

The phrasing you refer to is not suspicious LOL, suspicious of what??

When you say "The #1 Link is..." and the "BEST ranked link is..".. what does that mean? What are you ranking? And why?

test/setup/placeholder but all peoples' names would be listed there with expiry dates.

The referral codes don't have expiry dates. The only time they expire is if someone is no longer an owner, or they've reached the limit of referrals for that quarter (but the link doesn't actually expire, it's still good for the next quarter).

when all I am suggesting is a central one-stop-shop where people can get accurate and current data. If my code appears there, thats fine too.

The Randomized Referral page already does this, and has been around for over a year now. I just tried it, and 10 out 10 links all worked (I stopped testing at 10). Like I said, the referral links don't often or really expire.

I'm not saying don't do it, but I think you may be fooling yourself if you think it hasn't been done before, and that there isn't fierce competition for Tesla Referral codes on google.

edit: I edited this post because I was unnecessarily harsh -- sorry about that, it's just been a crazy Monday.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: redan and Reeler
who is KTMG? Also when you google 'tesla coupon' or 'tesla discount' all that comes up are older codes that have been used before/expired.
Doing it right, and better, would help all owners I believe.
If this place KTMG whatever that is isnt on page 1 google, it is irrelevant since prospective buyers cant find it (I am living proof, when I needed a code for my Tesla it took 7 attempts and 25 minites to find a code that worked)

I'm not sure I get it. Just because you already have front page sites, that means this site will automatically go to the top of the Google results?
FORGIVE THE CAPITALS, I AM USING IT MERELY FOR SEPARATION OF TEXT.

NO IT MEANS I KNOW HOW TO GET THERE, AND THIS WOULD BE NO EXCEPTION.

All these "existing pages" are already on the first page of google results, and second page, and third page... What does "hardly visible" mean? Antiquated codes? And what does "hidden" mean? These are all vague words that have no meaning.
YES AND IF YOU TRY TO BUY A CAR NOW, AND USE THEM, THEY ARE DEAD. HARDLY VISIBLE MEANS, WHEN I SEARCHED FOR A CODE TO BUY MY TESLA, IT TOOK OVER 25 MINUTES TO FIND ONE THAT WORKED. ANTIQUATED MEANS THEY HAVE BEEN THERE TOO LONG. HIDDEN MEANS YOU HAVE TO TRAWL THROUGH PAGES OF CONTENT TO NEVER ACTUALLY FIND A CODE THAT WORKS. I TRIED AND FAILED USING GOOGLE IN THE TESLA DEALERSHIP, IT WAS EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

All the dedicated Tesla Referral sites listed on the first few pages of google do work, have valid codes, and are actively maintained by their owners.
NOT TRUE SIR, ONCE ITS ON GOOGLE, IT IS THERE, WHETHER IT WORKS OR NOT. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, SICNE I TRAWLED THROUGH PAGES OF THESE COUPONS TO FIND ONE THAT WORLED, HENCE WHY I AM INCENTIVIZED TO CREATE A CENTRAL POINT FOR THIS TO BE EASIER ON NEW BUYERS. I AM A NEW BUYER AND IT WAS NIGHTMARE.

Like I asked, have you tried googling "tesla discount" or "tesle coupon"?
OF COURSE, ALL I GOT WERE CODES THAT HAD BEEN USED TOO MUCH,

Not only are there dozens of "first page sites" whose codes all work, but there are several people paying google for top AdWords placement. Additionally, there are dozens of large and popular generic "coupon" sites (also "first page") listed that are swamped with Tesla referral codes. YEP, ALL EXPIRED WHEN I LOOKED, SUCKED...THE TESLA REP WAS GETTING AGITATED BECAUSE WE BOUGHT 2 MODEL X AND NEEDED TO HUNT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER VALID CODE.

How are you going to get to "the first page" with no traffic and the same content all these other pages have?
THATS A SKILL I CANT DIVULGE FOR LESS THAN SEVERAL BILLION$ LOL.
If you're paying for placement, it seems strange that you'd be promoting everyone else's code as well.
NO ITS OK TO PROMOTE EVERYBODYS CODE, THERE ARE OTHER REASONS BESIDES MONEY TO START A WEBSITE :)

When you say "The #1 Link is..." and the "BEST ranked link is..".. what does that mean? What are you ranking? And why? WILL DISPLAY, AUTOMATICALLY, THE MOST CURRENT AND VALID/USED CODE THAT HAS NOT EXPIRED, AND WHEN IT DOES, IT WELL THEN FIND THE NEXT BEST.

The referral codes don't have expiry dates. The only time they expire is if someone is no longer an owner, or they've reached the limit of referrals for that quarter (but the link doesn't actually expire, it's still good for the next quarter). THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED, TOO MANY USED ALREADY, WHICH WILL HAPPEN WHEN IT APPEARS ON PAGE 1, IT WILL EVENTUALLY DIE YET GOOGLE WILL STILL RANK IT ON PAGE 1 FOR A WHILE.....OLD DATA

The Randomized Referral page already does this, and has been around for over a year now. I just tried it, and 10 out 10 links all worked (I stopped testing at 10). Like I said, the referral links don't often or really expire. LINKS MAY WORK, BUT THE CODE MAY NOT WORK WHEN YOU PHYSICALLY PLACE AN ORDER....THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE

I'm not saying don't do it, but I think you may be fooling yourself if you think it hasn't been done before, and that there isn't fierce competition for Tesla Referral codes on google. THERE IS, AND THATS GOOD, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT MORE CURRENT AND USABLE.

edit: I edited this post because I was unnecessarily harsh -- sorry about that, it's just been a crazy Monday.
NP :)

who is KTMG? Also when you google 'tesla coupon' or 'tesla discount' all that comes up are older codes that have been used before/expired.
Doing it right, and better, would help all owners I believe.
If this place KTMG whatever that is isnt on page 1 google, it is irrelevant since prospective buyers cant find it (I am living proof, when I needed a code for my Tesla it took 7 attempts and 25 minites to find a code that worked)

I manage Tesla Referral Links, the referral codes don't expire, it is always the same code. I can provide you with access to the site if you are interested in supporting it?

I just added a counter on the bottom of the site

I manage Tesla Referral Links, the referral codes don't expire, it is always the same code. I can provide you with access to the site if you are interested in supporting it?

I just added a counter on the bottom of the site
Problem is, this will expire in March, I prefer to find a place that has codes, but once they are actually expired or used up, they are gone from the site, and new ones populate/rotate, and continues that way........based on user input. Ransom is OK but there is no way of knowing if they actually work when placing an order or not, so adding actual codes used by a buyer and voting it as 'working' adds more validity to the code and helps to shut down the invalid codes, its easier to monitor and use.

Problem is, this will expire in March, I prefer to find a place that has codes, but once they are actually expired or used up, they are gone from the site, and new ones populate/rotate, and continues that way........based on user input. Ransom is OK but there is no way of knowing if they actually work when placing an order or not, so adding actual codes used by a buyer and voting it as 'working' adds more validity to the code and helps to shut down the invalid codes, its easier to monitor and use.
Of course there is a 'way to know'. When you enter the code, your invoice shows $1000 off. Or you're told the code expired. Your salesperson can always enter it later for you, too.

I do have the option of "flushing" the system after each referral period, but I don't think this is necessary as the referral codes DO NOT expire. The referral codes are the same and do not change, the same codes will work after March (if Tesla renews the program). When you go to a referral link, you are given a homepage that shows $1k off. The only time the code no longer functions is when someone exceeds 20 referrals but I doubt that will be the case with the vast majority of referral holders. Wouldn't the voting alter the randomize algorithm of the referral code? I am sure some individuals would vote for their own link and alter the system?

I made sure every referral code in my randomizer is unique and starts with "ts.la" to make things equal.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I do have the option of "flushing" the system after each referral period, but I don't think this is necessary as the referral codes DO NOT expire. The referral codes are the same and do not change, the same codes will work after March (if Tesla renews the program). When you go to a referral link, you are given a homepage that shows $1k off. The only time the code no longer functions is when someone exceeds 20 referrals but I doubt that will be the case with the vast majority of referral holders. Wouldn't the voting alter the randomize algorithm of the referral code? I am sure some individuals would vote for their own link and alter the system?

I made sure every referral code in my randomizer is unique and starts with "ts.la" to make things equal.

Hard to say.....all I can say is, the unique codes we all get are not being used as best they could be, people aren't getting the credits, so maybe a league where codes expiring soonest get pushed to the top giving them the best chance of an actual $1000 referral ?

I just hate to see the duplicate effort. It would be great if it were just one site. And since there is one that owners are already using, maybe you could do as KMTG suggested and join forces.
Sounds fair........remember this is for NON owners. A league of operational codes, working, current, live, administered to drop-off (when the 20/deadline hits) to the point where the next best promo code is used.
This should make it easy for new Tesla owners to get the best current code, convert to actual referrals for the Tesla owner, and doing it in one central place that can be found anywhere from google searches (top hit/result) very easily and without confusing information.

Sounds fair........remember this is for NON owners. A league of operational codes, working, current, live, administered to drop-off (when the 20/deadline hits) to the point where the next best promo code is used.
This should make it easy for new Tesla owners to get the best current code, convert to actual referrals for the Tesla owner, and doing it in one central place that can be found anywhere from google searches (top hit/result) very easily and without confusing information.

I understand it's for non-owners buying a Tesla. But the referral codes come from owners & my point was there is a site where owners are already entering their codes.

I think you may be confused on some of the details of the program. As KMTG already noted, codes don't expire. Each owner has a unique code assigned to them. If you ran into some bad codes, it might be because those codes violated Tesla's advertising policy on the referral program or some other reason. Once a code is assigned, it stays the same. For instance, mine is 'bonnie202' at the end of the url. It's always that. When someone uses that code, it assigns to me. It will be 'current' as long as I own a Tesla. So there are not 'codes that are about to expire'. Only codes that might reach their limit for a program - but as already noted, that number is usually pretty high.

Reactions: K-MTG
I understand it's for non-owners buying a Tesla. But the referral codes come from owners & my point was there is a site where owners are already entering their codes.

I think you may be confused on some of the details of the program. As KMTG already noted, codes don't expire. Each owner has a unique code assigned to them. If you ran into some bad codes, it might be because those codes violated Tesla's advertising policy on the referral program or some other reason. Once a code is assigned, it stays the same. For instance, mine is 'bonnie202' at the end of the url. It's always that. When someone uses that code, it assigns to me. It will be 'current' as long as I own a Tesla. So there are not 'codes that are about to expire'. Only codes that might reach their limit for a program - but as already noted, that number is usually pretty high.

Gottya.
Yes all that is possible, but sadly, and importantly, the KMTG (whatever that stands for) is not ranking on Google, so I did not see or find it, this is what needs fixing. Plus, it would be good for the newbies to see that their codes will also be promoted in a central group, a larger collective, for everybody.

Gottya.
Yes all that is possible, but sadly, and importantly, the KMTG (whatever that stands for) is not ranking on Google, so I did not see or find it, this is what needs fixing. Plus, it would be good for the newbies to see that their codes will also be promoted in a central group, a larger collective, for everybody.
So if you're offering to work with KMTG (that's his username) so that the existing site ranks higher on Google, that would be fantastic. :)