Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Several highly requested features will be included in an upcoming software update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears Tesla is about to release several new features in their next software update that have been requested many users. I've been wanting several of these features so I hope this is accurate. The article below based on goes into more detail, but here's a brief summary:
1) Backup Camera Improvements - Includes viewing both side repeater cameras as well as the backup camera when in reverse.
2) Dashcam View Improvements - Red dot included in video scrubber to indicate where an event occurred.
3) Walk-Away Door Lock Improvements - Ability to disable auto-lock when car is parked in your garage.
4) On-Route Cattery Warmup - Warmup battery for third-party fast chargers, not just Superchargers.
5) Cabin Camera - When user enables the feature, records images and video of interior cabin in the event of collision or safety event.

Article:
Tesla releases 2020.20.16 (China) or 2020.24.5 (US) software update packed full with highly requested features - Drive Tesla Canada
The article references this Reddit post:
Upcoming features in 2020.24.x - Triple Backup Camera Improvements, Enabling Cabin Camera , Sentry Improvements and more... : teslamotors
and a photo of software release notes posted on Imgur:
Imgur

Personally, I find it irritating when my car all of a sudden slams on the brakes (not breaks) for no apparent reason, throwing my wife and I toward the dashboard. Not fun. Then we sit there, resuming speed as those following us wonder just what in heck we've been smoking, trying to figure out if it was a shadow or a dip in the pavement or ??? that caused the sudden braking. It's beyond regen, it's braking, and it's a real hazard.

I wish Tesla would figure this out, SOON. It happened twice today, in a sixty mile drive to town and back. It happens often. Give me a switch to regulate this sensitivity. It happens with or without cruise/autopilot. I have not been able to make it do it at any one specific spot, and it seems like shadows as much as anything. This should really sell a bunch of cars, folks! Not.

Reactions: MXLRplus