Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Several new problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the new download about 1 week ago but didn't drive for several days. A number of new problems soon developed:

1 - Car apparently powered off by itself on 2 separate days while parked in the garage. Center display was blank when I got in but door handles allowed car to open. Center screen was black, seat wouldn't move, radio didn't work. I rebooted using 2 wheels but nothing happened. Waited a few minutes and tried to reboot again. Nothing happened so I just drove it. Driving was OK and finally, everything slowly came back. It had never done this before.

2 - Took wife to the airport and everything worked fine. On the way home the cruise control would not work at all; everything else seemed fine.

3 - On 4 lane divided hwy. 65 mph and on CC when a car crossed about 150 yds in front of me. Car braked hard. Glad no one was right behind me. Scared the crap out of me and my wife.

4 - Got yellow band around center display this AM.

Hopefully, nothing else goes wrong.

Lucky YOU. When I came back from Greece the screen was black and nothing worked. As I am touring Europe in my model S I called roadside assistence. They told me to get my car towed to the nearest Tesla service center, which was in Hamburg, on my order, and my expense. The first tow truck was not capable of lifting my car, and wrecked it. Next day in Hamburg they told me they would not service a US model at all. I should ship it back to USA and have it serviced there. This time I was not willing to take the BS any more. I called my service center in Salt Lake city, UT and explained to her that I had not imported my car but was driving on a Utah license plate, Utah registration, and insurance as a US tourist in Europe. She called California. Seems that Cal. called the EU Tesla center in Amsterdam, which then called the service center in Hamburg. Two days later I got a call from Hamburg that they had fixed my software and I could pick up my car, but had to pay about 1200.-EUROs. So alltogether I had a lot of hassle and paid 1500.-EUs for towing and another 1200.- for the software update. Although nothing of all that was my fault. I have driven a Chevrolet Camaro and a Ford Mustang in Europe. None of these companies ever denied service nor declined guaranty.

i think from the lack of responses people have not had similar experiences.. i certainly have not.. V9 is an upgrade for me but still not perfect

There is definitely an uptick in people posting about the monitor yellow band now that v9 is out. Some suggest most actually had it all along but the new v9 color scheme makes it easier to see

My car phantom breaked hard and dramatically on the highway since day 1

I’ve had other problems with v9 which has made this a major downgrade which I’ve posted about elsewhere:
- complete loss of autopilot and constant “surround view limited” warning message on screen. No cars display behind or next to me on IC. car will be at sc for 3 days
- climate control is doing whacky stuff like blowing cold air conditioned air when it’s 40F out
- cannot put on cold weather package if climate is off