Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Severe drop in range after PEM repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i recently had my PEM repaired/replaced at the local SC. I noticed that the range showe 86 miles when it would normally be higher. I don't recall the percent charged. I then did abnormal full charge and the range showed only 118 miles instead of the normal 175-179 miles. Any thoughts ???

I was so shocked seeing that low number I didn't even think to check . I'll be home late tomorrow night and post in Saturday. On the one hand I hope it's estimated and my battery is healthy. On the other hand I hope that there was a screw up and I get a new battery on the house !

Embarrassing to say but the update is exactly what was theorized. It was the estimated not the ideal mileage range that was showing....... On another topic I'm getting nowhere trying to get Tesla to extend my ESA as it was out of commission for 5 months due to length of repair, waiting for appointments, waiting for parts, etc. Still working on it though as I feel fair is fair:)

Tesla doesn't do that - otherwise every car that ever had a problem would get their warranties extended. Even simple parts take 3 months to arrive to the SC or body shop. This is on the new cars too BTW. It's like the old joke about waiting too long at a restaurant and you ask your wife, "Are they driving to the farm to pick up what's ordered for each customer?" It feels like they don't stock parts, they just make one each time a customer needs a bumper or a light or a small special bolt or screw.

• Love
Reactions: markdonc