Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF Bay area Powerwall install problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is finally installed and working but it was not easy. Tesla showed up with extra personnel - that was good. They identified one of the lag bolts for the power wall mount pierced a Romex wire running through the stud. I am not sure how it happened but the stucco wall had to be opened and the Romex had to be repaired. The stucco had to be patched and the power walls had to be reinstalled. They left a little after 7pm.

I am happy my two year wait and problem installs are behind me. I am still bitter but not bitter enough to cancel my cyber truck and plaid plus order but I cannot recommend Tesla anymore. I am sure my X replacement in June will be a problem. I wish the competition would hurry up.

Thanks for everyones help.

It is finally installed and working but it was not easy. Tesla showed up with extra personnel - that was good. They identified one of the lag bolts for the power wall mount pierced a Romex wire running through the stud. I am not sure how it happened but the stucco wall had to be opened and the Romex had to be repaired. The stucco had to be patched and the power walls had to be reinstalled. They left a little after 7pm.

I am happy my two year wait and problem installs are behind me. I am still bitter but not bitter enough to cancel my cyber truck and plaid plus order but I cannot recommend Tesla anymore. I am sure my X replacement in June will be a problem. I wish the competition would hurry up.

Glad to here it's all behind you now. Thanks for the update.

I have had lots of mistakes like that in my 4 plus year house remodel. I decided a long time ago to not get stressed out on things not being perfect. (Now of course everything I do is perfect :) )

• Funny
Reactions: cobra