Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF to Palm Springs - Reco for charging in the LA area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a family adventure and would love input re. where to charge in SoCal (too many options, nice problem to have, I know).

So we will stop at Harris Ranch and in Bakersfield for sure. After that is where I would love insights from the locals.

I suspect we will get down there around 4pm or so and have many options on the way to Palm Springs with a potential stop in Burbank, Pasadena, Rancho Cucamanga, Beaumont, Cabazon.

Out of those 5, is there one that stands out (ie easy to access from the 210, scenic location (jk, I think), clean bathrooms etc?).

Thank you!

I am planning a family adventure and would love input re. where to charge in SoCal (too many options, nice problem to have, I know).

So we will stop at Harris Ranch and in Bakersfield for sure. After that is where I would love insights from the locals.

I suspect we will get down there around 4pm or so and have many options on the way to Palm Springs with a potential stop in Burbank, Pasadena, Rancho Cucamanga, Beaumont, Cabazon.

Out of those 5, is there one that stands out (ie easy to access from the 210, scenic location (jk, I think), clean bathrooms etc?).

Thank you!

I’ve been to the Valencia/Santa clarita supercharger and it’s located in a small plaza with a small man made lake with ducks to feed.

I also used the rancho and San Bernardino chargers, both are good places to stop if needed. Yelp has pictures of all these locations.

Editing my post because it looks like you have a S75. Me too.

I’d probably charge at Harris Ranch, then Tejon Ranch. The Bakersfield chargers (both of them) are pretty janky.

I’d range charge at Tejon Ranch, while eating/restrooming, then go all the way to Beaumont or Cabazon. Rancho Cucamonga is the only one I’d categorically avoid - that charger is a hot mess.

Last edited: