Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP Equity Resiliency still available in San Ramon CA area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
Just purchased a house with 10 existing panels (non tesla) which is in a High Fire District 2 area. I was looking at SGIP Equity Resiliency for getting some extra Panels and possibly 2 Powerwalls.

Would anyone know if this is still available and how would I coordinate with Tesla to apply for the SGIP rebate? If any one has recommendations that would be great.

Hopefully the program hasn't run out of money.

Thanks.

Hi Qubilist, other members here have reported that the Equity Resiliency budget for folks in a fire zone AND on well-water has been replenished. My understanding is that if you're only in high fire zone but otherwise not at risk with your water source, then you may not qualify.

Regardless, Tesla seems to have stopped supporting homeowners with SGIP. So if you want to pursue SGIP, you may need to find a new vendor.

FWIW anecdotally and on this forum, it seems these vendors are much more attune to helping NorCal homeowners with SGIP and ESS solutions than Tesla.
https://v3electric.com/
https://www.cobaltpower.com/
https://www.coolearthsolar.com/

Hi Qubilist, other members here have reported that the Equity Resiliency budget for folks in a fire zone AND on well-water has been replenished. My understanding is that if you're only in high fire zone but otherwise not at risk with your water source, then you may not qualify.

Regardless, Tesla seems to have stopped supporting homeowners with SGIP. So if you want to pursue SGIP, you may need to find a new vendor.

FWIW anecdotally and on this forum, it seems these vendors are much more attune to helping NorCal homeowners with SGIP and ESS solutions than Tesla.
https://v3electric.com/
https://www.cobaltpower.com/
https://www.coolearthsolar.com/
Does it also have to be low income?

Does it also have to be low income?

Equity (no Resiliency) is a separate program dedicated to income equality. Equity Resiliency (ER) still has the ability to qualify based on income... but the vast majority of people taking ER funds qualify based on their fire risk and water source or medical need.

That is why in the early stages of the ER program, a bunch of wealthy folks who were getting ESS on their second (or third?) homes soaked up all the money because they had a well pump, but didn't necessarily rely on that well pump for H2O since they had normal water service too. In response, the SGIP folks required homeowners to attest under penalty that their home had a single water source from a well to get funds under this program if the homeowner was using the well pump to be a qualifier.

I think the new way around the rules is to say you lived in this home 51% of the time and required a CPAP. This puts you into the medical baseline category at that address. So when coupled with being in a high risk fire zone, this means freeeeee ESS. Cost-shift-something-something.

1663859331153.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cali8484
Equity (no Resiliency) is a separate program dedicated to income equality. Equity Resiliency (ER) still has the ability to qualify based on income... but the vast majority of people taking ER funds qualify based on their fire risk and water source or medical need.

That is why in the early stages of the ER program, a bunch of wealthy folks who were getting ESS on their second (or third?) homes soaked up all the money because they had a well pump, but didn't necessarily rely on that well pump for H2O since they had normal water service too. In response, the SGIP folks required homeowners to attest under penalty that their home had a single water source from a well to get funds under this program if the homeowner was using the well pump to be a qualifier.

I think the new way around the rules is to say you lived in this home 51% of the time and required a CPAP. This puts you into the medical baseline category at that address. So when coupled with being in a high risk fire zone, this means freeeeee ESS. Cost-shift-something-something.

View attachment 855646
The electric well pump inclusion has an income requirement, household income no greater than 80% of AMI (Area Median Income)

The electric well pump inclusion has an income requirement, household income no greater than 80% of AMI (Area Median Income)

Yeah, since you were dealing with SGIP recently you are aware of the latest requirements.

Does the 80% AMI limit also apply to people in the medical baseline?

BTW for anyone who is interested, here's the link to calculate your AMI:

Yeah, since you were dealing with SGIP recently you are aware of the latest requirements.

Does the 80% AMI limit also apply to people in the medical baseline?

BTW for anyone who is interested, here's the link to calculate your AMI:
AMI does not apply to medical baseline.

I believe in a later decision they changed the electric well pump rule to have an AMI limit. Initially the program did not have an AMI limit for electric well pump customers who met the other criteria.

Last edited:
AMI does not apply to medical baseline.

I feel like SGIP needs to close that CPAP Medical Baseline loophole lol. IMO it is way too easy to get on Medical Baseline.

I know a few people snuck on there for some free ESS. Explains why those folks were pretty high income and didn't need to adhere to the AMI limit. I guess PG&E's now waitlisted for Equity Resiliency.

I feel like SGIP needs to close that CPAP Medical Baseline loophole lol. IMO it is way too easy to get on Medical Baseline.

I know a few people snuck on there for some free ESS. Explains why those folks were pretty high income and didn't need to adhere to the AMI limit. I guess PG&E's now waitlisted for Equity Resiliency.
I am guessing you do not have to wear a CPAP to sleep. I would suggest having someone wake you up every 30 seconds all night by putting their hand over your nose and mouth. You really do not sleep if you have a bad case of sleep apnea and the CPAP is mandatory.

I am guessing you do not have to wear a CPAP to sleep. I would suggest having someone wake you up every 30 seconds all night by putting their hand over your nose and mouth. You really do not sleep if you have a bad case of sleep apnea and the CPAP is mandatory.

I'm talking about the people who say "cough cough I have sleep apnea and a CPAP" but then do not actually need that CPAP at night. This puts them on Medical Baseline, then they get a ESS.

Reactions: h2ofun