Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP Incentive and sale of home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know, tesla does not do large scale SGIP and has not for quite some time (unless its equity and resiliency). Tesla didnt offer large scale SGIP in 2020 when I got my 2 powerwalls. They didnt offer SGIP at all, really, again unless its equity and resiliency which people use with the same name, but its really a different program at least to me.

Yeah, @Vines is the best lol. I didn't even know large-scale was a thing until he posted about it on TMC. I was like 1 email away from cancelling my solar+ess install since I couldn't afford 3x Powerwalls, and PG&E would not approve 2x Powerwalls. But then he posted about the large-scale thing; and wowowweeeee

Yeah, @Vines is the best lol. I didn't even know large-scale was a thing until he posted about it on TMC. I was like 1 email away from cancelling my solar+ess install since I couldn't afford 3x Powerwalls, and PG&E would not approve 2x Powerwalls. But then he posted about the large-scale thing; and wowowweeeee
Aw, you are too kind.

We are still quoting SGIP today, and still getting reservations approved. Unfortunately, we cannot promise the customer will get the rebate, but it has gone well so far.

Personally, I have to jump through the peak demand gate again before they will send a check. At least I won't melt my service wire when I plug in both EV's

Aw, you are too kind.

We are still quoting SGIP today, and still getting reservations approved. Unfortunately, we cannot promise the customer will get the rebate, but it has gone well so far.

Personally, I have to jump through the peak demand gate again before they will send a check. At least I won't melt my service wire when I plug in both EV's

That's cool, I wonder if they freed up some more money for PG&E large-scale SGIP. When I last dialed into their webinars, they had just shifted a few hundred million out of large scale to send to the people in fire prone areas and for low-income.

Didn't you already do your "peak demand" test? Like you fried some electronics when one of your 120v legs got imbalanced or something.

I still think it's nutty to turn on every electrical load in your house to prove to PG&E your house uses electricity. You should just be able to turn over your annual electricity billing statement. If it goes over $3,000 then they just give you a pass lol.

I bet many homeowners who do not go solar+ESS will have $3,000 monthly electricity bills by the end of this decade ... and they won't even get any bitcoins out of all that electricity :(

That's cool, I wonder if they freed up some more money for PG&E large-scale SGIP. When I last dialed into their webinars, they had just shifted a few hundred million out of large scale to send to the people in fire prone areas and for low-income.

Didn't you already do your "peak demand" test? Like you fried some electronics when one of your 120v legs got imbalanced or something.

I still think it's nutty to turn on every electrical load in your house to prove to PG&E your house uses electricity. You should just be able to turn over your annual electricity billing statement. If it goes over $3,000 then they just give you a pass lol.

I bet many homeowners who do not go solar+ESS will have $3,000 monthly electricity bills by the end of this decade ... and they won't even get any bitcoins out of all that electricity :(
I did already pass the peak demand gate and did fry my neutral in the process.

SGIP doesn't care and needs 3 new events above 25 kW.

Reactions: h2ofun
We are in the process of listing my SGIP powerwall home. We are planning on making the disclosures for how the system must be operated. My contractor, Swell Energy, requested that I pass on their information to the new buyer so they can answer any questions and to ensure the system is properly turned over and operated. Should be relatively simple. PG&E of course is still kind of screwed up on their end not showing that the home has batteries installed on the billing side, I am on EV2A due to a PHEV so I will probably need to get that sorted out.

I got solar roof + 2 PWs installed end of February last year, before PTO my advisor told me that she would put me in the waiting list for SGIP though there was no money in general application for small residential storage. 3 weeks ago I got an email from Tesla asking me to e-Sign the RRF if I want $3480 rebate for my 2 PWs. Then couple days later I was asked to e-Sign the ICF. The ICF was rejected because TOU-C is not eligible and I was told to get the rebate I have to switch to EV2-A. I am self-powered 7 months out of the year anyway and I can always schedule charge my car after midnight so I switched. 3 days later I was told by PG&E a check will be mailed out within 20 business days.

Hi @Zabe we also received SGIP rebate for the two Tesla Powerwalls (without solar), and we're thinking of selling the house at some point this year. What did you include in your disclosure? And what did you have to do to transfer the Powerwalls after the sale? Thank you.
I disclosed all the installation information (permits, design, operation, etc.) basically every document that was on the Swell website. I summarized how they operated. I signed whatever paperwork they sent to transfer the Powerwall's to the new owner. I could not find a way to transfer the batteries to them via the Tesla app and told them they needed to contact Tesla to setup the app with the Powerwall's on their device. As far as I know they never did that as I still have access to the powerwall's in my app.

• Informative
Reactions: buckets0fun
I disclosed all the installation information (permits, design, operation, etc.) basically every document that was on the Swell website. I summarized how they operated. I signed whatever paperwork they sent to transfer the Powerwall's to the new owner. I could not find a way to transfer the batteries to them via the Tesla app and told them they needed to contact Tesla to setup the app with the Powerwall's on their device. As far as I know they never did that as I still have access to the powerwall's in my app.
Thank you. Regarding the paperwork necessary to transfer the Powerwalls — do I get the paperwork from PG&E SGIP ([email protected]) or the installer?

I’ve emailed the installer and asked about the process but I’ve never heard back from them, so hopefully I don’t need to engage the installer for this. Thanks!

Thank you. Regarding the paperwork necessary to transfer the Powerwalls — do I get the paperwork from PG&E SGIP ([email protected]) or the installer?

I’ve emailed the installer and asked about the process but I’ve never heard back from them, so hopefully I don’t need to engage the installer for this. Thanks!

Have you looked at teslas information about transferring ownership?

• Helpful
Reactions: buckets0fun
And like I said earlier I asked the new buyer to do the transfer with Tesla so they could control the App and powerwall's but they never did it. I keep the App setting just as I had them so they are at least load shifting.

I understand that the buyer didnt do anything, and thats totally on them, but I dont understand keeping access yourself to someone elses equipment in your tesla app. This is kind of like selling a home , advising the buyer to change the locks, but "im gonna keep a key anyway" and checking the door with your own key, finding it opens, then just " I guess I will keep it in case they need me to do something".

Unless you are personally related to the buyer, and they have given you explicit permission to have access to this information / control of what is now their equipment, I dont understand why anyone would keep access to someone elses equipment in this manner.

For the same reason that, when I am at work and helping someone with system access issues and they say "oh let me give you my password so you can try it as me if I am not available", and I say "no, sorry not only is that against company policy, but your password gives access to all sorts of things personal to you, like your HR file, etc so I dont want to know it, even if we trust each other".... I would not want access to equipment at someones home I am not related to, with the ability to remotely shut off the power.

As far as I can tell the only other way for me to remove access would be to delete my Tesla account. I'm not going to delete my Tesla account because the new owner did not do what they are supposed to do.

I cannot remotely shutoff their power, the phone has to have been paired to the powerwalls and mine is not.