Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP Reporting Requirements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was signing my SGIP Incentive Claim form and I came across this on the form.

"Provide performance data to the Program upon request (emailed, zipped file of 15 minute interval data) for a period of five (5) years."

I asked Swell Energy two questions but have yet to get a response from them.

How do I download data from the Tesla App?

If I sell my house and the system stays with the house. Am I still obligated to provide performance data for a period of 5-years?

Has anyone gotten an answer to these questions?

Who took care of your SGIP application? If it was Tesla, then they are required to submit your ICF form and to provide the data that is needed to finally get your money. You shouldn't have to provide any details if they fill in and electronically file your ICF form.

In my case, Tesla Energy took care of the entire SGIP and ICF application form. Once the form has been submitted, now I'm responsible for all communication with PG&E in terms of the final on-prem audit, and or receiving my check in the mail. Should the PG&E.SGIP inspection fail, then Tesla is obligated to come onsite to make the corrections, re-submit the ICF form again.

The overall SGIP handbook that might have more information on this ICF form and it's report requirements can be found here: SGIP | Resources

Who took care of your SGIP application? If it was Tesla, then they are required to submit your ICF form and to provide the data that is needed to finally get your money. You shouldn't have to provide any details if they fill in and electronically file your ICF form.

In my case, Tesla Energy took care of the entire SGIP and ICF application form. Once the form has been submitted, now I'm responsible for all communication with PG&E in terms of the final on-prem audit, and or receiving my check in the mail. Should the PG&E.SGIP inspection fail, then Tesla is obligated to come onsite to make the corrections, re-submit the ICF form again.

The overall SGIP handbook that might have more information on this ICF form and it's report requirements can be found here: SGIP | Resources

The form is taken care of to get the SGIP rebate.

However the sentence in the form

"Provide performance data to the Program upon request (emailed, zipped file of 15 minute interval data) for a period of five (5) years."

To me means that the owner has a on-going responsibility to provide performance data when demanded by your local utility for a period of 5-years, in my case SCE. Am I mis-reading the sentence?

Which leads me back to my question to Swell Energy, how do I provide this data when asked for it by SCE?

I assumed it was Tesla that was going to help with that. However, I'm also using pvoutput to track my data as it allows me to see graphs across all historical ranges. It does have the drawback of being somewhat hard to set up and requiring a computer that's always running, but it does provide good data if you're somewhat handy with techie stuff. Here's a writeup someone did on how to set it up: Monitoring Tesla’s Powerwall2 on PVOutput.org

Tesla will provide the required data whenever requested. Swell Energy had to request the initial performance data for my ICF. They have an internal request form from Tesla.

Thank you for the clarification on this.

I find this a bit troubling because I am the one that is signing the form saying I will provide the data. However I am dependent on others to provide the data but there is no indemnity from either Swell or Tesla for me that they will provide this data when requested.

For those of you that installed (no-solar) in CA, what were your SGIP reporting requirements?

you mean to apply for and get the SGIP rebate, or reporting after the fact?

For me, Tesla took care of all the paperwork for my SGIP Step 2 rebate (which took absolutely forever because of PG&E/CA). After I received by rebate check, nothing. I have never been asked for any information or anything.

This is my SGIP story for just Quantity 2 Powerwalls (no PV at the time).
Powerwall 2 "waiting list"

Same as zanary here. PTO for 2 powerwalls May 2017, no requested reporting since. It was my impression reading the fine print (18 months ago) that Tesla would be sending them any information they would need. I don't think most folks can easily access the kind of numbers they (SGIP) wanted without a lot of hassle.

you mean to apply for and get the SGIP rebate, or reporting after the fact?

For me, Tesla took care of all the paperwork for my SGIP Step 2 rebate (which took absolutely forever because of PG&E/CA). After I received by rebate check, nothing. I have never been asked for any information or anything.

This is my SGIP story for just Quantity 2 Powerwalls (no PV at the time).
Powerwall 2 "waiting list"
After the fact, thank you both. zanary, yes your status updates are the longest and most detailed. I wish it was on a Wiki.

My 3rd party installer lists as a todo: providing PW discharge data when requested by SGIP. I'm just trying to figure out if this is necessary when it's a non-solar installation.