Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP updated info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of them is a teaser headline press release from an energy company. It is a thinly disguused marketing piece.

I took a look at the link, and yeah its a quasi advertisement to "better hurry up and sign up with us now" type piece, but it also has some information on actual dollars available, etc. So, while a marketing piece, is still relevant to people interested in SGIP and doesnt break any TMC rules I am aware of.

Reactions: Ampster
I took a look at the link, and yeah its a quasi advertisement to "better hurry up and sign up with us now" type piece, but it also has some information on actual dollars available, etc. So, while a marketing piece, is still relevant to people interested in SGIP and doesnt break any TMC rules I am aware of.
I was just focusing on the dollar numbers myself. I ignored any marketing stuff. It supposed PGE has no ER left, but SCE did.

The most maddening part of the SGIP is how fluid it is... ESS companies probably have to hire someone full time just to keep up with it. I posted about the transfer of funds out of the Large Scale and Equity Resiliency budgets into the Residential and Non-Residential Equity budgets a few weeks ago. Their action in November moved $310mm into programs that are now only accessible for low-income and government/public parties.

The CPUC has authorized funds to shift funds out of the large-scale SGIP

If you're thinking "hey, $310mm is a lot!" you are right. But if you're also thinking "hey, I bet this $310mm is just going to help out big corporations and is a giant misuse of taxpayer dollars under the guise of a social program" you're also right.

As of a few weeks ago $178mm of this $310mm is already spoken for on the Non-Residential Equity program. Tesla's "needy public customers" will be getting $49mm of this $310mm; which means ultimately it's just money going to Tesla. It's not like Tesla is cutting these "low income area" clients a break on pricing either. The average cost per kWh of storage that they're charging is about $1,000; and the SGIP funds about 85% of that.

Also, Yesterday, the SGIP folks published this announcement. I wouldn't count on Equity Resiliency in any category now. The people ahead of you in line are probably already slotted for the funds.

On January 5th, 2020, the Equity Resiliency budget category became fully subscribed in the following
territory:

- Equity Resiliency
• Center for Sustainable Energy

The waitlist for this budget category will open once the Program Administrator has finalized the lottery in their territory. Projects on the waitlist will be funded through attrition.

Last edited:
The most maddening part of the SGIP is how fluid it is... ESS companies probably have to hire someone full time just to keep up with it. I posted about the transfer of funds out of the Large Scale and Equity Resiliency budgets into the Residential and Non-Residential Equity budgets a few weeks ago. Their action in November moved $310mm into programs that are now only accessible for low-income and government/public parties.

If you're thinking "hey, $310mm is a lot!" you are right. But if you're also thinking "hey, I bet this $310mm is just going to help out big corporations and is a giant misuse of taxpayer dollars under the guise of a social program" you're also right.

As of a few weeks ago $178mm of this $310mm is already spoken for on the Non-Residential Equity program. Tesla's "needy public customers" will be getting $49mm of this $310mm; which means ultimately it's just money going to Tesla. It's not like Tesla is cutting these "low income area" clients a break on pricing either. The average cost per kWh of storage that they're charging is about $1,000; and the SGIP funds about 85% of that.

Also, Yesterday, the SGIP folks published this announcement. I wouldn't count on Equity Resiliency in any category now. The people ahead of you in line are probably already slotted for the funds.
Was that Jan 2020 or 2021?

My folks have been saying for months now they do not expect anymore ER money, at least for the PGE area

on Jan 5, 2020? Thats last year. ER for SCE still has over $90 million

on Jan 5, 2020? Thats last year. ER for SCE still has over $90 million

I guess it could be a type-o on their part. The announcement says 2021 and 2020 at the same time. Edit: you know maybe they just mean the CSE area is out of ER funds. Maybe SCE is still funded.

upload_2021-1-8_10-50-56.png

I can attest SCE ER is still open because I received an email telling me my SGIP funds are now reserved on Feb 16.2021. Still don’t have PTO yet but hopefully soon. System install date was Jan 13,2021. County inspection wasn’t until feb 22, 2021.

The email states that other documents need to be filed. It’s not clear if that is coming from me or from Tesla.

I can attest SCE ER is still open because I received an email telling me my SGIP funds are now reserved on Feb 16.2021. Still don’t have PTO yet but hopefully soon. System install date was Jan 13,2021. County inspection wasn’t until feb 22, 2021.

The email states that other documents need to be filed. It’s not clear if that is coming from me or from Tesla.
which er is this?