Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shady Crappy Service Center in Smithtown NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought my car to Tesla Service Center at Smithtown NY to fix the falcon doors. When I picked it up in the parking lot I found the rear bumper and fender were bumped. I talked to the technician (night time so no more managements and sales etc). He suggested me to leave it at the parking lot and he would escalate to the management next day. I was told to wait since they had to look at the security camera footage. I waited for two days and a lady from security team called me and said they checked the security camera and found no collision in Tesla premises so they would not take any responsibility. I asked them for intake pictures and condition forms (like all other dealerships) and they said they did not have it since it is optional and they did not take any picture. My sentry mode was always on and I thought I could find out who and when this incident occurred and I found there were no recordings since I dropped off my car for service. Obviously some recordings were wiped. I talked to Tesla certified collision center and they quoted me $20000 to repair the damage and I now understand why tesla does not want to take the responsibility. I wanna file a complaint but to be honest I don’t even know where to start. Attorney does not give me a *sugar* since there is no death or injury involved. Any ideas I can fight for my fairness? Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Upvote 0
My sentry mode was always on and I thought I could find out who and when this incident occurred and I found there were no recordings since I dropped off my car for service. Obviously some recordings were wiped.

Just as a FYI, I believe dashcam is disabled when a car is in service mode, so they wouldnt have necessarily "wiped" the drive. You are accusing them of a lot of deliberate actions to basically defraud you of 20k, but for this specific point this would not have needed to be deliberate for you to not have recordings.

As for the rest, I will just wish you good luck in whatever resolution you are pursuing for a 20k repair.

Reactions: b_PJS and Ciaopec
Upvote 0
The thing is some of the recordings prior to servicing and post servicing disappeared. I don’t know how to justify it. My ring door bell showed my car was clean before leaving my house. If I got bumped on the way to Tesla I would be an idiot not to be aware of it and even I missed it the dashcam should have captured big bump like that. And I did recovered 150 deleted video clips from my usb using software. But I just don’t have a way to escalate it to Smithtown NY Tesla because they said the close was “close”

Upvote 0
Two quotes from Tesla certified collision centers: $18k and $23k does it make sense? Can I bring to to regular auto body shop? Thx
D6BD7E03-0C4B-4C74-A07A-46BF1679F595.jpeg

Upvote 0
There are auto body shops that are comfortable working w aluminum. They would likely fix it without messing w the high voltage battery. Is this the best way? Sort of depends if this is out of pocket or covered by insurance.
But, the certified Tesla places are gouging folks, it doesn’t have to be that expensive

Upvote 0
Really sorry for you. This blows and sounds like they are trying to run away from responsibility.

What would you do differently if you were to go back in time when turning the car in? Is there anything that you could have done? Taken photos of the car as you dropped it off since that would have a timestamp?

Why are they saying that intake pictures and condition forms are optional? Does this mean that they are optional and we can request they do that when we drop our cars?

Upvote 0