Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Shaky model Y steering wheel in high way!

I test drove a model Y performance, and while I was in highway, as soon as the speed went above 115 km per hour, the steering wheel start shaking. I asked sales person and she said it is because you were driving in sport mood! I didn't get it! is this suppose to be normal?

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I test drove a model Y performance, and while I was in highway, as soon as the speed went above 115 km per hour, the steering wheel start shaking. I asked sales person and she said it is because you were driving in sport mood! I didn't get it! is this suppose to be normal?
Not normal. That sales person should not be selling cars.

I watched this road trip video last night and they experienced shaking on the highway. The Tesla SC said that one tire was defective. There is foam padding in Tesla tires and theirs was loose, which caused the shaking. Maybe that's the issue?

@phayze one interesting. Weird thumbnail on that video: shows a Y with the base 3 wheels. 🤔

Are you saying a Tesla sales person told you that? Go back and slap her silly :) She needs better training to tell people why this occurs. Not normal and not due to sport mode.

Are you saying a Tesla sales person told you that? Go back and slap her silly :) She needs better training to tell people why this occurs. Not normal and not due to sport mode.
It was our first impression too :)

We are going to book another test drive. We loved this tesla car. It was like a space ship to us. We do currently have an bwm x1 and thinking to get an electric car. We will drive a polestar 2 next week.

Cheers

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC