Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shamrock Parade / Tesla gathering success

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

reddy

Jan 26, 2013
Amarillo, TX
We had a great turnout for the Shamrock St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival to celebrate the new Tesla Supercharger at U-Drop Inn.

I'll post more later, but Shamrock had perfect weather and a huge crowd turn out for the parade. We then regrouped at the Supercharger / U-Drop Inn where there was a classic car show. The crowd was all amazed to see 6 Teslas together, and all wanted to see inside, ask questions, etc.

Shamrock11.jpg

I'll post more, including our Drone Cam, later....

Thanks everyone for coming from such long distances to make this a fun day.
Reddy

- - - Updated - - -

Shamrock_Drone_Cam1.PNG

Early on at U-Drop Inn Supercharger, before the crowd got very thick....

The weather was PERFECT for this event! Maybe a little too perfect, according to my lightly sunburned neck ;)

Thanks for letting us know about this, Reddy! Kelly and I took some pictures, too. We'll sift through them and post some. It was great meeting everyone, too!

Well, it took some "Luck" for me to make this trip; but at 1:42pm on Friday the 13th, Chris confirmed Ardmore was open. Kevin was there charging. He confirmed the parking lot just finished getting paved, so I am able to join! I compiled my venture on YouTube, since I have the smaller 60kw battery. Here is my journey and range for the smaller battery. Watch full screen in 1080p: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-n1IDi2XM

SC031515.jpg

Dallas Business Journal ran the story today. It seems to be important to more than Tesla owners: http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/b...rs-can-head-north-on-i-35-and-charge-for.html

Tesla owners can head north on I-35 and charge for free in Ardmore
The Tesla Supercharger station in Ardmore, Oklahoma, is open, making free road trips up Interstate 35E possible for Tesla Model S owners.
The free charger station opened March 13, just in time for Jay Squyres, a Flower Mound resident and Tesla advocate, to make his road trip to Shamrock, Texas.
Squyres chronicled his journey in a YouTube video, traveling north to Oklahoma City, then west on Interstate 40, where there are already Supercharger stations.
Shamrock is located off I-40 in the Texas panhandle near the Oklahoma border.

Though he has the 60-kilowatt battery pack, the smallest Tesla offers, Squyres was able to make the trip without paying a dime for electricity. Once there, he joined a parade of other Teslas in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Shamrock.
Superchargers are strategically placed so Model S cars can get from one to another on one charge. Each charge takes about 30 minutes or so.
To see a map of the Supercharger stations, click here.
More than 300 Tesla Model S cars were sold in Dallas, Collin, Denton and Tarrant counties in 2014, according to the Freeman Metroplex Recap report.
Texas franchise laws prohibit the sale of Teslas, or any new vehicle, directly to consumers from manufacturers. Buyers in Texas must go online and talk with Tesla employees in other states.
A bill has been introduced in the Texas Legislature that would carve out a small exception for Tesla.

That's GREAT, JAY!! That video is really cool. Looking back now, there were a TON of people viewing the parade. It was cool hearing the crowd saying "What kind of car is that? Hey, that's one of them Teslas! Is your car on?" etc. Having all 6 SC stalls occupied was also a great treat to see (even if Jay was parked backwards :p )

GO TESLA!!!